“Used to be my favourite now it is awful.”

Marco's Pizzeria & Valente's Pasta House
Ranked #195 of 898 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Used to be my favourite restaurant in Windsor. What a shame now. Pizza is burnt and misshapen, alfredo sauce is separated, and service is not what it used to be. The owner always says its the same people making pizza etc, but it is definitely not the same. Very disappointed and will not be back.

1  Thank Jstaubi
Write a reviewReviews (46)

Reviewed December 21, 2019

We had been to this restaurant back in February and it was fabulous. We heard that it had changed owners, but we thought we would still give it a try. When we entered there was no one in sight. The place was a mess, food all over the tables and floors. We were about to leave when the owner came out and apologized and said that there had been a Christmas party that had just left and that her waitress was late. She cleaned one table and we sat down. She brought us each a fork and a napkin and water, I took a sip of the water and it tasted funny. My husband asked for a coke and she brought it to the table in a can, he had to ask for a glass. During this time she called the waitress and asked where she was and told her that her being late needed to stop and they would discuss it when she got to work. She took our orders, then a few minutes later the waitress came in and the owner told her she had to leave for a few minutes. 45 mins to an hour later, our food arrived. Our husbands had ordered baby pizza's and we had ordered fettuccine alfredo. The pizza's came and the crust on them was an inch to an inch and a half thick. By this time the owner had returned and she said that it is hard to make the crust on the pizza thinner as it bounces back, worst excuse we have ever heard. Our alfredo came and it wasn't good. She said that they had never had any complaints. A salad was part of our meal, but we never saw it. We also were never brought any more utensils. During all this, the owner is discussing one of the worker's pay explaining it to him. At no time in the almost 2 hours that we were there did either the owner or the waitress attempt to clean the tables and floor. Also it was extremely cold. The owner ended up not charging us for the pizza's, but it still cost $40.00 for terrible food and service.
I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. The owner certainly did not display any professionalism.

1  Thank menanni12
Reviewed December 4, 2019

Ordered a family meal as I have for many years
An Italian speaking employee answered
I called to pick up the order and I was as told 26$
I got to the restaurant 45 mins from time of order
And was made aware order was never placed
I was asked to pay before the order was even ready
I said no and they said the order was 46$ not 26$ and declined taking the order
As I was leaving I saw a mouse in the corner by the chairs
Dirty socks by the chairs
And another customer beside me returning food as there was hair found
This is a business that was 5 stars and now doesn’t even deserve 1 star
Food poisoning was my huge concern
As well as the entire place being unsanitary

1  Thank elainehB7072HJ
Sherpa35844508571, Owner at Marco's Pizzeria & Valente's Pasta House, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Our family meal is 29.99 plus tax. This includes a family size pasta for 6 people, large salad and garlic bread. There are no mice at our front door, we are inspected regularly surprise visits by the health inspector and a mouse would be cause for closure until rectified - we have never been forced to close and this is public information inspections that anyone can look up.

Yes we had bags of socks in our foyer, this was not in the restaurant but at the door, we strive to help our community and during the holidays held a toys and sock drive in partnership with many other restaurants to be distributed to those experiencing homelessness.

To say food poisoning was a main concern when you didnt try the food or even come in the kitchen is heresy. As I mentioned earlier we are inspected and have never had a food safety issue. We have one small freezer and its because all food is purchased daily and cooked daily. This is important to us, fresh food! This is why many love us.

Reviewed May 7, 2019

KFC is history. Marcos has the best fried chicken in Windsor. The pizza is great their pasta dishes are all top notch especially the ravioli florentine, to be put on your last meal list. Their tennis ball sized meatballs are a great side or with spaghetti .Stop in or order for delivery you will not be disappointed

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

Good food. Quality is always there. Glad to give them our business. Use him to cater our larger family gatherings, and everyone always enjoys the dishes as much as we do. Can't go wrong with the chicken scallopini & eggplant parm! Just like homemade!

Date of visit: April 2019