“Outstanding experience!”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Walkerville
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant has some of the best service of any restaurant I've ever been to. When you add in the outstanding food and relaxed atmosphere, it is a place you don't want to miss. My wife and I went back to Spago this past weekend for our second visit. The first visit was so good that we had to try it again. They certainly don't disappoint. Everything is freshly cooked and prepared to order. The mushroom appetizer was the best appetizer I've ever eaten! We live in Michigan, but will go out of our way to visit Spago again in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The food is excellent the service started out good but half way it faded very badly. The waiter never returned to the table I had to have the water boy get our bill we paid and walked out. It was the strangest dinning experience I ever had.

3  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very good food, great service and quaint artmosphere.

THE FOOD
The Spago pizza was quite good, the crust could be firmer but the toppings and sauce were excellent. The Veal Parmigana sandwich could have had a slightly thicker cut of veal, but the side salad was a very nice touch. The Calamari in a balsamic sauce was simply outstanding as was the tomato based seafood soup of the day.

THE ATMOSPHERE
Very warm and inviting....love the big windows.

THE SERVICE
Outstanding...courteous, fast, efficient.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

It was a beautiful snowy night, & we had a window seat to watch people walking in the snow!...it was just llike a movie setting!!...not to mention, the food is spetacular!!... roastd garlic in the bread basket,..NUMMM!!! :) And the servers very very polite & helpful....Will definately return!!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Being in Windsor for the last 28 years, I've been fortunate enough to try every restaurant on Erie St. (our Little Italy). After a great deal of consideration, I am confident in saying that this is my favorite Italian style restaurant in Windsor.

My decision is based on the following:
1. Delicious food, that is never disappointing (Must try Bruschetta, Portobello Muschroom App, any pasta sauce, Linguini Di Mare, Espresso, Deserts, or anything else!)
2. For what you receive, most fair prices in the city.
3. Staff...lots of them to get you anything you need. Care for you as if you were family.

For people who write that the food is "pricey"....you're ridiculous! ( I chose a PG word for that one)

If you can't afford to spend $20-$30 a person(Apps included), go eat at McDonald's. Personally, I am cheap as hell. But when it come to good food, I spare no expense. If I don't drink wine or get an app, the bill for two will be less than $40.

Downfalls:
- No reservations, and very popular; so guaranteed to wait.