“Great Burgers!”

Ranked #29 of 793 Restaurants in Windsor
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Walkerville
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Had a mid-week lunch at Motor Burger and had to try the Deux Chavaux burger.... it was excellent! Motor Burger is a small upscale restaurant on Windsor's Erie Street (which has a growing reputation for great restaurants). Service was good and the restaurant has a nice atmosphere. Don't order the fries.... the came in a small bowl and were at best "soggy"... on top of that they are charged as an additional side - there are fast food spots with better french fries. Overall, a good visit and worth the drive for one of Canada's better burgers.

2  Thank drummerhill

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Motor Burger is a great place to grab a burger. Located on Erie Street, this place has a cool atmosphere and is busy - so there may be some wait time!

I got the Deux Chevaux... it was awesome! Beef burger, gruyere cheese, smoked bacon, baby spinach, and balsamic caramelized onions, with a touch of spicy dijon mustard. This burger was so good that I got a bit sad when it was finished... :) The single burger is plenty, but if you're feeling super hungry you can get your burger "supercharged" (with 2 patties).

Fries or other sides don't come with the burgers. You'll have to order them separately, but I tried the house cut french fries and they were very tasty (tossed with fresh herbs, sea salt, and parm cheese according to their menu). You can also get tasty dips to go with your fries.

Probably the best burger I've had in Windsor... or, ever! Check out their menu at motorburger.ca and go eat here!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

we went at about 6pm on a friday night. It wasn't too busy, and we got seated right away. Had the house beer, calamari, and nachos to start. The calamari was rubbery and fishy - not good at all.The nachos were delicious! There were 5 of us, and we had the Deux Chevaux (gruyere cheese, balsamic glazed onions), the Motorburger, and a burger with sausage (can't remember the name). The fries (both the sweet potato and the regular) are small, thin fries, with lots of salt, but tasty. The onion rings were good too.
All in all, we were very satisfied with our meal. Would go again (drove an hour specifically to go to this restaurant).

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We visited in May just after all the PR about the Deux Chevaux. Our order was not served until more than an hour after we entered the restaurant. While the 2CV was VERY good, the slow service was painful. French fries were not in keeping with the burger. Would only rate them a 2 out of 5

Next vist was June. Identical experience. 2CV excellent, FF terrible, Sweet Potato Fires very good, service really slow again and once more order serviced over an hour after we entered the restaurant.

Likelihood that we will return - very low.

3  Thank Grandriver125
Reviewed July 12, 2012

From reviews, or by word of mouth, I had heard nothing but positive reviews about Motor Burger. I was very excited to try it, but I must say that I was extremely dissapointed. As appitizers we ordered the calamari and the egg rolls (which were stuffed with taco ingredients). The calamari was just awful, it tasted as if it had just been popped in the microwave, and dressed with lemon. I had a lamb burger, which looked delicious, but had a very strange taste, and I am a huge fan of lemon. I must say, it may have just been the time I went, because everyone I was eating with, felt as well that it was a very bad experience. I actually felt quite sick after eating this meal. Based on my first impression, I'm not sure that I would ever eat here again, but I keep hearing good things about it.

1  Thank Bahamamama22