“Night Out Was Disappointing”

Mezzo Ristorante & Lounge
Ranked #4 of 811 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Walkerville
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Looking forward to a great night out with my wife, but walked away very disappointed after supper. Arrived with no reservations, but told it would be about 10 minutes. 45 minutes later still waiting..., the whole time watching the empty table where we'd eventually sit stay idle?

Once seated, felt abandoned with several servers who were inconsistent with long waits in between. Bread arrived slow, no one asked us for more drinks, no one came back to follow-up on the meal, check request was slow????

We've been before, and food was not to the same standard.

Likely won't go back, given the quality of the other restaurants on the street.

2  Thank kayak_man_0989

Reviewed August 30, 2012

When my husband and I started dating we visited Mezzo on Valentine's Day and had such a great experience we celebrated our engagement and our wedding rehearsal dinner there this year. We couldn't have been more pleased with the service and food. For our rehearsal dinner we pre-ordered antipasto for our guests to enjoy as they arrived - in particular the goat cheese spring rolls and deep fried olives! We were a large group, but staff was always quick to refill water glasses, take drink orders, and accomodate dietary concerns. Not one diner was disappointed from the pasta, to the veal, to the tuna, all menu items were excellent. Mezzo has become a new favourite with our friends and family.

1  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Traditional Italian dining with gear atmosphere and service. The kitchen was accommodating and the wine list was sufficient and provided match to the dinner menu.
Great restaurant for a romantic get together.

1  Thank Ken F
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Went for dinner on a very hot, sticky Windsor night. Was craving lamb all week, but with the heat what it was, I figured it would be a little too heavy. Settled on the Seafood Tagliatelle, as suggested by our fantasstic server. It was perfect for a hot night, light with a good amount of seafood.
Found the restaurant a little on the dark side, and joked with my wife I could barely see her!!
Great service, from the minute we walked in the door.

1  Thank prairieboy1985
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The food was good, but I ordered pasta primavera (a traditionally vegetarian dish), and the menu said nothing about meat, but it came out topped with chicken. I obviously wouldn't eat it, but it sucked cuz all that meat went to waste. They brought me out another pasta, and it was good, but I could have made yummier food at home. It was also very overpriced. I paid I think $18 for pasta primavera. It was still a nice experience with friends, and the food wasn't terrible. The owners of Mezzo also own a restaurant just down the street called Centro. The food is much more flavourful here, and they have a lot of vegetarian and vegan options (unlike Mezzo, where I have to have the cooks special make me something). It's also way cheaper. One time before I was vegan, me and a friend got spinach dip, two pizzas (each one with a thin crust and large enough to be two meals), a coke, a coffee, and a rich chocolate cake desert for $22. Way way way better than Mezzo, and I don't feel bad recommending it, since it's owned by the same person. It's two for one pizza here on Mondays, and they have other deals throughout the week.

1  Thank loveisjustakissaway