“Nico's Gnocchi (-:”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Nico's homemade gnocchi is great! We had it served with two different sauces: quattro formaggi/four cheese cream sauce (good) and quattro funghi/four mushroom blush sauce (even better as it was more unique & totally tasty!) Our server, Johnny, was friendly & attentive. Hope to return next time we're in Windsor.

3  Thank avilladawn

Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is, to the best of my knowledge, the third Italian restaurant to occupy these premises. The first two were so successful, they moved to larger quarters. When they did, they lost the friendly, neighbourhood atmosphere of this small but quaint eatery. I had been to the other two restaurants many times, but for some unexplained reason, I had never entered the Nico. All that ended recently for our 44th wedding anniversary. It was a Friday night and the place was packed but our reservation was ready for us. As soon as we entered, we recognised that same neighbourhood atmosphere that we had experienced before. It was noisy with lots of conversations, but people from one party were talking with strangers at the next table. We certainly did as well. The service, right from the start, was friendly and welcoming. We were treated like family. The menu is amazing...not just the usual array of pasta dishes. Entrees were unusual and highly unexpected. My wife very much enjoyed the Caprese salad followed by a ravioli dish that she was still smiling about the next day. I had an appetizer of Arancini which was served with a thick aioli sauce...best that I have ever tasted. My entrée was one of the daily specials, Ciopinno. I had never tasted this famous dish before, but it was wonderful. Way too much for me to finish, so I had an unbelievable Saturday lunch.
Both my wife and I enjoyed an exceptional dining experience and we will be back long before our 45th rolls around.

2  Thank Ted H
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I always forget that living in Windsor, I forget how spoiled we are with the amazing restaurants on Erie Street. And then I go to Nico and I am grateful that a small city can offer so much amazing food. Nico is definately a wonderful dining experience. The food is delicious, top notch, fresh ingredients. We both usually get the gnocchi. Portion sizes are generous and we can never finish our meal. (but we do take it home). The few times we've been here on our anniversary, a glass of vino was on the house. Great staff. Please don't complain about the size of this place. I'm afraid that if they expanded, it would lose the coziness and quality of the food. Bravo Nico!

2  Thank Didi G
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We recently were in Windsor catching a show at the casino - of course since casino food is notoriously overpriced and not delicious we decided to eat elsewhere. Found this restaurant via Trip Advisor and could not have been happier! The food and drinks were absolutely delicious. Everything is fresh and homemade and delicious...even the bread is made in house! We had both had pasta and it was divine! Who knew there was good food in Windsor? Also the service was terrific, friendly, helpful and accommodating. My only disappointment was the tiramisu - it was certainly edible but I have had much better, compared to the rest of the food it was a bit of a let down.The restaurant is cozy - so definitely make reservations. We went on a Saturday night and they had live music - and it was perfect! The guitarist/singer was talented and the music was loud enough to hear - but not too loud as it so often is when live. We would go back here regularly if we lived closer!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We decided to stay in Windsor while visiting family in Michigan for the 4th of July weekend. This restaurant was chosen due to the many good reviews. We arrived around 8:30 and it was quite busy for a Thursday. We were seated and it only got better. The service was great, the atmosphere is intimate and easy to carry on a conversation. The food was exceptional! It was like being back in Italy. I can't decide what I liked the best! I will definitely becoming through the tunnel again to have dinner at this gem!