“Amazing Food and Atmosphere!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nico Ristorante

Nico Ristorante
Ranked #6 of 768 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Shelby Township, Michigan
“Amazing Food and Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The atmosphere was fabulous; small, quaint and well appointed. The service was great. And, the food was out of this world! I had a We started with grilled calamari that was perfectly cooked and delicious. I had a Veal dish and my husband had a seafood pasta as our main course and it was one of the best meals I've ever had. Then topped it off with Tiramisu that was out of this world. Definitely recommend this place.

Visited July 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Italian home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I live 850 km away from Windsor, but I never miss a chance to eat at Nico's when I'm in town (which is more often than you'd expect). In fact, I make a point of putting Windsor on my itinerary so that I can enjoy what is quite literally my favourite Italian restaurant anywhere. The experience starts when I call to book a table and they sound like they're genuinely looking forward to seeing me. And the table is always, "the best table in the house," which actually describes all the tables. The restaurant is smallish and cozy without being stuffy, and there's a terrific buzz of diners enjoying every bite.
I've never had a dish that wasn't wonderful, so it's hard to work out where to focus with the menu. My must-have item is definitely the grilled calamari, which melt in your mouth. The prawns in the Caesar salad are a yummy touch, and for sharing, the antipasto platter is a winner. Moving on to the pasta course is dangerous, since the portions are substantial on top of being uber-delicious. My husband's favourite is the bucatini a l-amatrciana, but I can't decide between the ciopinno and the gnocchi (they'll do a bit of each gnocchi sauce if you'd like). Unfortunately, you really you should leave room for one of the secundi (mains -- like the lamb duo), or at least the tiramisu. Fortunately, they'll pack up leftovers, so you could take home enough for lunch the next day.
The combination of atmosphere, amazing staff & Nico's genius in the kitchen, makes me want to eat there over and over again. In fact, I think it's time for another trip.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank JudithandBruce
Windsor, Canada
“best in windsor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Best food, atmosphere, service in Windsor. It is always my first choice when going out to eat with my husband and friends. We recently took my parents there for a special celebratory dinner and my parents could not stop talking about the food and wonderful service. Do make reservations.

• Visited June 2013
Belle River, Canada
“Food Yummm....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great food, love the fish. The atmosphere is cozy and quaint. You are always guaranteed a great meal. We enjoy this restaurant both with friends and as a couple.

Visited February 2013
“A nice surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went out for our wedding anniversary, Erie St in windsor is a gem of the city 5 blocks of Italian restaurants and cafes. The restaurant we normally haunt had disappointed us on the last two visits ( food not service). We decided to try a place we had not been to in years, it is very unassuming from the street and the entrance is not impressive (need a refreshing). However we were greeted very warmly and I did not make a reservation as it was a Wednesday? Wrong, they had a big table coming In, the host said if we could be finished by 7:30 they could seat us that gave us an hour and a half so we were good. They do not have a kids menu but my wife picked out an awesome dish (Arancini) for my son . I had a fettuccine dish (amazing) my wife had the seafood risotto special. The restaurant is small so I would recommend making a reservation. The service was excellent we will be back.

• Visited July 2013