“JUST NOT THE SAME”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Walkerville
“JUST NOT THE SAME”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Well I must say that the new Per Bacco is definately not the same. They have taken away the intimate setting, added booths, a pizza oven and a huge bar. We might as well have gone to a loud bar with chicken wings for a nice get together dinner with friends. When I mentioned that my steak was over cooked the server said sorry to hear that and didnt even offer to fix the problem. The wifes chicken was served raw in the middle and she was grossed out. I was embarassed as I told our out of town friends how great it was there, and we were suprised with the new renovations of the place. The manager was just standing at the bar talking to his friends in a loud manner, using less than appropriate language for any fine dining establishment. Needless to say we didnt order desert or another bottle of wine. We were shocked to see full price on the bill for food we sent back because it was sub-par. When I asked to see the chef I was told he was no longer with the company and that he had moved on. I guess it means that we move on also to another establishment worth my hard earned money. It really is too bad becasue they did have a good thing going

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank knights2remember

Lakeshore, Canada
“Not too bad, but better Italian ones on Eire St., Windsor”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Went for a birthday with the family. Waiter and bus people were a little "too" attentive. Food was OK, could have done a better job with the veggies especially for the price. Manager was walking around, but was not very friendly, did not even smile. Then he decided to socialize with some people at the table behind us, was sort of loud and annoying. Nicely decorated but doesn't make up for the mediore food. Much better places on Erie St. if you're looking for Italian food.

• Visited November 2011
Windsor, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I took my girlfriend here and was absolutely amazed by the food. I would highly recommend eating here. Everything was great.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Wandplease
Lakeshore, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food and service are AMAZING!”
Reviewed November 5, 2010

This is a great place to take your significant other for a special occasion or just a Friday night date! The food is delicious and the service is superb!!

1 Thank happymommy17
“Upon entering Per Bacco Ristorante, my...”
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Upon entering Per Bacco Ristorante, my girlfriend and I were greeted by a friendly well mannered waiter who offered to take our jackets. We were then seated at our table that was surrounded by beautiful murals on the walls. The atmosphere in Per Bacco is stunning. We started with an order of calamari. I have to say that it is the best calamari I have ever had. It was Tender and very light. My girlfriend ordered the stuffed chicken breast for her entree and I ordered the Bone In Tenderloin. The chicken was absolutely wanderful. Stuffed with fontina cheese, prosciuttio and basil. Very juicy and served with roasted potatoes and veg. Now let me tell you about this steak. Absolutely the most tender and perfectly cooked steak I have ever gotten at any restaurant anywhere. It is the only time I've ever been offered a bone in tenderloin this side of Toronto. Served with roasted potatoes, chefs choice of seasonal veg. Carrots, asparagus, roasted beets and green beans. Everything was arranged on the plate like something you'd see in art culinaire. Our waiter offered us the perfect glass of wine with every course we had. A good chardonnay with our calamari and salads. Pinot noir with the chicken and shiraz with my bone in tenderloin, everything was perfect. The deserts ended the meal perfectly. They were light and made fresh everyday. From the moment we sat down at our table in this romantic atmosphere, we felt like we were the only 2 people in the place. The service was impecable. Per Bacco ristorante is in itself an aphrodisiac to all the senses. I promise you this. It's my new favorite place to spend date night.

2 Thank knights2remember