Residence & Conference Centre - Windsor
Leisure Motel(Windsor)
Tooba Motel(Windsor)
Apollo Motel(Windsor)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 16, 2008

We booked 2 nights through hotwire and tried to cancel once we found out it was a college dormitory. Hotwire wouldn't allow it, because they said it qualified as a hotel. Let no one be fooled - this is a college dormitory, replete with a lobby decorated with paper streamers and noisy, partying students at 1 a.m. Once you pass through the double doors into the residence-proper, you walk into a smelly, heavily stained carpeted hallway.

The dorm room kitchens have a fridge, microwave and table with 2 straight-backed wooden chairs. There are no utensils, plates, cutlery, and no coffeemaker. You get 2 drinking glasses in the kitchen and 2 plastic cups for the bathroom. Each bedroom has a double bed that has seen better days and a small tv. The closet is just an open space with a rod and a few plastic hangers.

We called about the noise outside that prevented us from going to sleep, but nothing was done. We used their common computer that very night and booked a real hotel for the next night. I've never been so glad to leave a place. We're going to recommend that hotwire consider it a hostel, not a hotel. We'll also be writing a letter to the college about their deceptive advertising, where they make it seem that it's a great place for travelers looking for a hotel at a cheap price.

I recommend this place to no one, except students enrolled at the college who wish to live in a typical on-campus dormitory.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed here while we were waiting to move into a condo, after our houses had been sold. We stayed for a week in March, went away for two weeks, came back here for two weeks late in March, and then spent a few days in April before our condo was ready.
The suites are great, with two bedrooms, a fridge and microwave, and full cooking facilities available on the ground floor in a common area. They also have a free breakfast included in the price.
We had no noise problems, the students were all behaving themselves, even on 'pub' nights. We did have a problem with the door lock but the management was right on it and fixed the problem as quickly as they could.
I will say this, though; they are not looking at any of the students misbehaving in the showers, the showers are so small only one person can bearly fit in and still have room to move and wash.
Other small picks; there is no CNN channel on the tv's and there is no supplied tv guide to tell you what channels can be seem.
Although it was winter we had the heat turned completely off in the unit and it was still in the mid-seventies all the time.
For a short term stay this has got to be the best bargain in town, and for a family it would be even better.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WindsorTraveller
Reviewed March 4, 2008

I went for my birthday and needed a cheap place to stay! It was great the staff is very friendly and so are the students! Its a two bed room suite with a kitchen and a big bathroom! If you need a place to stay while in windsor I RECOMMEND IT!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank candigurl6686
Reviewed October 23, 2007

My sister and I spent a week at St. Clair College during the Thanksgiving weekend and beyond. Of course it was quiet over the weekend and when the students came back it got a little less quiet. But I must recommend their staff for quick responses for any discomfort or noise, even at 3 a.m.
It was a 2 bedroom unit with a tv in each bedroom and huge bathroom with shower only. We got a greater discount for staying for a week that included free parking and continental breakfast each morning. The housekeeping staff were great and should be commended and tipped for helping out with all the little stuff and the front desk staff were always pleasant. It's not quite in the city proper but the spacious grounds and quiet location make up for that.
Next time I have to go to Windsor I will be booking St. Clair College for sure.

1  Thank denizon
Reviewed October 20, 2007

this is a college residence hall. If you are over 30 avoid the place.
it is noisy and students are coming and going all hours of the night. I was surprised by the noise and yelling in the corridors.

I finally gave up and checked out at 4 a.m.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo