WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Our Favourite Place to Stay in Windsor!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kirk's Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windsor
Kirk's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Windsor B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Our Favourite Place to Stay in Windsor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We run a small business and need to be in Windsor once a year at the start of the spring. We ALWAYS stay at Kirk's B&B. Jim and Barbe are lovely people and go out of their way to accommodate their guests. Their breakfasts are to die for, but healthy and filling at the same time. Never in the 5 years that we've been doing our trade show in Windsor have we ever thought of staying someplace else. We even brought our kids and my in-laws on our last stay and took up the entire second floor. Great rooms. Fantastic beds. And a balcony to die for on a spring night. Love!

Room Tip: If you like to spend time on a balcony after a long day, ask for the Green Room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed at Kirk's Bed and Breakfast several times and each time, I have been very satisfied. The home is lovely and is located on a quiet tree lined street in old Windsor close to the river. The rooms are very clean and private and the beds are nice and comfortable. Their breakfast is really tasty and I have especially enjoyed the fresh fruit salad! The Kirk's are friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is relaxed and easy going. I would definitely love to stay here again when next in Windsor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank carolyn K
Bowling Green, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in the green suite and we have not had such a big area to stay in. It had a nice bathroom, sitting room, bedroom and another sitting room. If the weather had been warmer we could of sat outside on the deck. We loved it. Everything was clean and very comfortable. The Kirks were very nice and the breakfast was delicious!

Room Tip: The Green Suite was great
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ronna R
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have been a long time neighbour of the Kirks'. Luckily they have been able to help me when I have had to many house guests to accommodate. Their house has been a welcome "inn". My friends who have stayed all raved about their relaxing home, great breakfasts and hospitality. Some have come again and stayed a few times more and consider it a great treat when visiting Windsor.

Room Tip: Take the green suite. Great light. If it was Firework night, it would have an incredible view from...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Milton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We booked a room as we were attending a concert in Windsor at a local casino. We found the B & B on tripadvisor and when I emailed the owner, the smallest room was the only room left. We booked it for $89, tax included, breakfast included. The home itself is a small, older home with two entrances, one to the main portion of the B & B, with a small living room, dining room, and kitchen, while the second door leads to two of the guest rooms. I would not recommend anyone with mobility issues to stay here, as the stairs that go up to the rooms are very narrow and steep, in addition to a back staircase that leads you to the kitchen for breakfast. I did not notice this, but my husband noted a large spiderweb on the outside door of the suite adjacent to ours. He assumes it was the door to the suite as it was the only other door beside ours.

I was greeted by the husband when we arrived and he was friendly and helpful. We were able to park our car in the driveway that could accommodate about 4 cars. The B & B itself was just a few kilometres away from where we needed to be, which was handy.

Our room was very small, as expected/advertised. It contained a queen bed that provided a very comfortable sleep. There was a night table with a lamp, and a small desk. One door leads to the bedroom, but another door leads you out of the bedroom to a shared hallway and that is how you access the bathroom. The bathroom and bedroom are exactly as pictured on tripadvisor, small, retro like your grandmother's house, and very basic. There was no storage in the bedroom, but a small bench that we rested our bags on. I would not stay here if I were in Windsor for more than one night as it was too small for a longer stay. It suited our needs for one night as we were just here to sleep.

This is an average, basic place to stay if you need a place to rest your head for one night. There are no frills here. I did manage to see the other, very large suite beside our tiny room. It was comprised of 3 rooms and a bathroom. It was quite nice. If you enjoy hanging out in B & B's in-between your sightseeing, I am not sure that this is the place for you as the common area to do so is very small and not really set up as we have seen other B & B's.

Breakfast comprised of fruit salad, coffee, tea, orange juice, english muffins, frittata, and cereal and milk for me, as I do not eat eggs. There were also some good chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Pretty standard breakfast, nothing fancy. My husband commented that his frittata was "excellent".

I would be tempted to explore other options, if returning to Windsor. I think next time we would stay on the riverside to be closer to the casino.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the smallest room. Choose the suite as it is only a few dollars more.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MrWagnerMilton
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have stayed at Kirk's more times than I can count, always in the Green Suite, which is ridiculously comfortable. I love being able to spread out and relax, the bed is comfortable - we've never had a bad time! Barbe and Jim are outstanding hosts, and Jim is always ready with directions to the nearest arena for us hockey nuts. Breakfast is always great, and they're always willing to fix a tea tray on a chilly day. Planning a return visit in Feb. 2013, and I know it won't be the last!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed in Green Room Suite which is spacious, has lots of light and is comfortable. Establishment met my expectations based on previous Tripadvisor reviews. Hosts are very friendly. Sharing experiences with guests at the breakfast table added a nice touch for me as a single traveler. The TV in the suite ideally should be upgraded to a flat screen.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo