“Amazing”
Review of Mamo Burger Bar

Mamo Burger Bar
Ranked #12 of 805 Restaurants in Windsor
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I went there for a late lunch and wow it was incredible. Everything was so delicious. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Visited Mamo Burger yesterday with my daughter. We arrived around 5:30 on a Weds., so it was busy but we were seated immediately. I'm not a huge fan of burgers so I ordered Totchos. Wow - they were yummy! Tater tots with chili, pulled pork, pico de gallo and other tasty toppings. Definitely not low calorie but an awesome treat on a night out. My daughter had a burger and the garlic fries, both of which she loved. Will return again and recommend to my friends.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We showed up on a Friday at about 545 pm. Upon arrival we were told that there was about a 30 min wait. No problem...to the bar for an ice cold Steam Whistle. 30 minutes later, we had our table for 6. The service was super. The food was way above average and the portions are large. The average plate was between 12 and 16 bucks. We will return soon. Arrive early or late for immediate seating, as this place is always busy. Try the garlic fries and the onion rings. One of Windsor's best!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

My man and I went here at about 6:30 on a Saturday night. BAD IDEA! The place was PACKED! Like, we couldn't even wait inside - that kind of packed! We gave our names to the hostess and were told the wait would be about 35 minutes. I must note that despite it being incredibly packed, the staff and the hostess working the door had their 'stuff' together! We went across the street for a drink and returned and were seated probably almost exactly 35 minutes from the time we initially walked in.
Our waitress was friendly and prompt. We ordered our burgers and sides (garlic fries for myself and regular fries with gravy on the side for my bf) and waited not too long considering how busy it was. We were both very hungry and seeing peoples orders being brought to them got us excited - everything looked VERY yummy!
I have to say that I was warned about the garlic fries but ordered them anyways, as I mentioned above. While I didn't hate them, I didn't love them either. The garlic needs to be roasted, or infused in another way than what they are currently doing, which I believe is just tossing the cooked fries in minced garlic before serving. Also, I have to say the fries themselves were just not that good. I was sort of bummed by this; however I am told the tomato soup is fantastic and I am sure it is. I just love me a good ol' burger'n'fries (not burger'n'soup, burger'n'slaw or burger'n'salad).
The burger, though, was AWESOME. Just absolutely fantastic - really and truly. We both got the same burger (something with 'shroomage' in the name, with mushrooms and caramelized onions) and we both just loved them.
I will definitely be back, and I want to try their other burgers! I will not be going on a weekend again though - the large crowds just aren't for me, however it definitely attests to the fact that this place is awesome. I felt a little rushed while dining having people in the crowd at the door staring at us willing us to eat faster so it can be their turn. No one’s fault, but just something I made note of. I am actually going back this Thursday and looking forward to it as I'm sure it'll be less busy. I will be getting the tomato soup this time, which is probably what I should've done the first time, and while I will be tempted to get the same delicious, scrumptious, mouthwatering burger as last time, I will be getting one of their other burger offerings, which I am certain will be just as fabulous in its own right.
Two big thumbs up for this place, and I'm so glad to see how successful it has been. Keep up the great menu and service!

1  Thank A d
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Wife and I went here on a recent overnight trip to Windsor, we cross the border into Canada 4 or 5 times a year to stay at the local casino when presented with the right offer (free!:-). We wanted to try some different than the casino buffet or sports bar and we were rewarded with great locally produced beef burgers and Ontario based microbrews. They were quite busy at 5:30 on a Saturday night (40 minute wait) but we secured a seat at the bar after about 10 minutes. Tina our server was great with her recommendations, will definitely return!!