“We will return!”
Review of Matryoshka - CLOSED

Matryoshka
Cuisines: Russian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Matryoshka - The taste of Russia in Windsor.Only-In-Town Russian Cuisine Authentic a la carte fine dining and All-day-Breakfast menu.Enjoy the classy atmosphere and the wonderful ambiance of Russia together with the tasty yet healthy Russian special dishes.Everything is done from scratch in our Kitchen.Open 7 days a week with charming, smiley friendly and welcoming staff.
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed the authentic homemade Russian dishes. The cabbage rolls, beef stroganoff and soup were awesome. Even tried the Russian beer - amazing and I'm not a beer drinker! The Owner was a sweet lady who politely answered all our questions on other dishes she makes from scratch. The dessert, freshly made that day, was a real treat! A cute little place. Definitely a place we will bring our friends to - the hardest decision will be what to try next on the menu.

2  Thank BeeSleiman

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We went on a Friday for lunch and the place was empty. The cook and waiter are the same person. Service is a little slow. The borscht was fine. The cabbage roll (yes there was only one) was ok and I'm not positive but the mashed potatoes might have been from a box. Beef stroganoff was swimming in cream sauce. Dessert was underwhelming although it might just have been a little stale. For the cost and portion size I was glad I had Groupon. She said she was expanding her menu. Hopefully these new items will be more exciting.

1  Thank nanbik
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have dined at this restaurant several times, and have been thrilled with the food, service and atmosphere every time! Natalia (Owner) is a lovey lady who makes everything fresh daily. Her cakes are the best in town! Everything is made from scratch. This is true Russian cuisine at its finest. The service is friendly and the restaurant is always clean with a pleasant, elegant decor. It is a suitable restaurant for families, business lunches and romantic dinners. Matryoshka is truly Windsor's best kept secret!!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I went over for lunch with my friend and had very pleasant time!
This is a pretty small place (about 6 tables) owned by a Russian lady who is also a server.
I had perogies and a salad - fair portion for a fair price - great for lunch!

Highly recommend if you want to get away from the office and have a relaxing time :)

Thank you so much for the great experience!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

A friend recommended the place to me so I went with my wife to try "the taste of Russia" during the Olympics.
Beautiful small restaurant serving fresh home made Russian traditional dishes.
Beef Stroganoff and Kiev chicken were so tasty, but the hit of the place is the Caviar appetizer, I never had any as good as this before, so I had to order another one though it is a bit pricy.
I noticed a sign on the door that Liquor license is about to be issued ... this kind of food will be great with a wine or even beer.
I recommend this restaurant to everyone.

1  Thank DavidRamsy