“Beautiful Setting”

Ranked #448 of 793 Restaurants in Windsor
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Had dinner here with my family on an evening in Windsor. We weren't planning on going to dinner there but we were walking along the river walk and it looked like a nice place. The wraps and the salads were great and I think offered the best value. For the location, the food was fairly priced. The view was beautiful. The service was minimal but we got our food and drinks on time so no complaints there. Overall a very nice experience.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I like that there is such a wonderful choice on the menu. I dislike that early in the season they are closed so call ahead.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I were excited to try the Bistro because we had never been before. We had heard good things and decided to check it out. Perhaps I am wrong in writing this review but overall our experience wasn't good. We went later on a Wednesday evening about 45 minutes before they were closing. The view is great, it's a fun and great location but the food and service was just fair. I ordered a burger and my wife had a chicken wrap with a salad. My wife ended up finding a plastic wrapper in her salad which was weird because there was nothing in her salad that would have came from a wrapper. Anyway no big deal, we informed our waitress and they comped her meal. My burger was falling apart inside the bun as I was eating it. It became more open faced than anything. I wasn't sure if we were being rushed or if the cooks were just trying to put the food out asap so they could get out of there? The circumstances weren't ideal for a pleasurable experience. We both left a little confused if we enjoyed it or not. Our waitress was very friendly and nice, but it also took about 15 minutes just for the bill as well. I guess there were problems with the POS. Anyway overall it wasn't what we had hoped, BUT we will for sure give the Bistro another chance! Hopefully this review doesn't shy anyone away!

2  Thank Chance C
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

A classy waterfront location that has a great patio atmosphere. Service and good was good. The location was appealing as it leverages the waterfront park/walkways and the views of Detroit. One of the nice spots in downtown Windsor.

1  Thank Dean T
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We don't have great things to say about what we ate however we would go back and order different meals. The meatball appetizers were hearty and tough, however the marinara sauce was delicious. And the table next to us ordered pasta meals that looked and smelled delicous. So we would go again to try the pastas.

The setting was very nice with a good view of the Detroit skyline. And the service was friendly.