“Food from scratch”

Ranked #460 of 805 Restaurants in Windsor
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Had the loaded nachos & pepperoni/cheese pizza. The FRIED EGGPLANT......DELICIOUS! It was a little cold out but it be nice to sit outside on the riverfront.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here on friday march 7. The service was excellent and the food presentation and taste was superb. While enjoying this place you can enjoy a beautiful view of detroit.
We will be back thats for sure!!!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I went to the Bistro by the River for our first night out since the birth of our second daughter. We had an amazing dinning experience. The food and drinks were delicious despite them being busy with two large parties. What really set the Bistro apart from other restaurants was the service. Despite being very busy the staff was very attentive and ensured we had a great night out! We will be back again soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Due to there groupon promo, did dinner here recently. What a fantastic dining experience! Started with the best bowl of mussels that I have ever had locally. Great broth, mussels, chorizo sausage, large shrimp, and fresh bread to soak up the remaining broth. Wonderfully spiced squash soup with a nice hot kick at the tip of my tongue. My date, (my wife) had veal Marsala, while I did linguine florentine for our entrees. Both were excellent, as good as any entree we have enjoyed in Windsor's "little Italy". Our waitress/bartender Shamara elevated our dining experience from very good to excellent with her charm and enthusiasm. Obviously the view across the river only served to enhance the atmosphere. Bottom line: 2 beefeater martinis, the mussels, soup, 2 entrees, and a 1/2 litre of excellent local wine, efficient and charming service, all for under $70.00 with the coupon!! There is not better food and value for your money. We have already grabbed another coupon, this time for 4 diners. This culinary gospel needs to be spread!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Several of my friends and I celebrated a birthday party here last night. Reservations are made and a Groupon was used.
We were cheerfully greeted at the door and seated. Drink orders were quickly taken and served. There was one special soup available. Other than that, regular menu fare was available.

A good selection of appetizers were offered (although one of our selections was not available). We chose 2 (the Bruschetta and the Montreal smoked meat). Both were very thoughtfully sliced into 6 portions (the number in our party). Excellent choices. I would definitely order these again.

4 of the party all chose the "Mac and Cheese" 1 choose the Chicken Milanese. Unfortunately I am not sure what the last person ordered.

Everyone certainly enjoyed their meals. The entire party all agreed they would happily return again.

Without a doubt, the service was exceptional. Coffee and soft drinks were refilled quickly. Food was delivered hot. Questions were asked and answered with smiles.

Well done Bistro!