“Excellent experience”
Review of Mauro's on Erie - CLOSED

Mauro's on Erie
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mauro's On Erie is a restaurant on Windsor's Via Italia that serves creative Italian cuisine in a cozy space with alluring contemporary vibes.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went to Mauro's for lunch with my family yesterday. We were very impressed for several reasons...Great menu selection with traditional Italian dishes and more modern health conscious dishes. The food tastes great, the portions are very generous and the menu prices are a fair value. I would certainly return to Mauro's and suggest this restuarant to all friends and family. Mauro makes the best tiramisu I have ever had.

1  Thank M_windsor01

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I tried Mauro's and we were very pleased. Very attentive and personal service (Sergio was great!) and excellent food. Good range of choices from pizza to upscale main courses.

Highly recommended!

1  Thank Berkeley C
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We knew Mauro from a previous restaurant in our home town and were sad to find that he had left. That restaurant had gone down from the time that Mauro was there. We enquired as to where he had gone and were told "back to Windsor". I said to my husband "I bet he has opened his own restaurant" and sure enough!!
We googled his name and when we saw his listing we immediately booked for four of us for a birthday treat for friends. When we got to the restaurant Mauro recognized us immediately and there were big hugs all around. We were so delighted that he had finally got what he is good at which is being a restauranteur. Its not just about the food which was delicious by the way (my husband is delighted he does not have to drive back to Digby NS for good scallops), its about the ambience, the warmth of the staff, the wonderful sense of humour but most of all being treated like family. Mauro does all of this very well with the assistance of his better half, Cheryl and one of his waitresses Julia who served us and was sooo funny we just laughed and laughed. I don't think I have ever been for a 3 hour dinner before with only two courses (our choice). We just did not want to leave. But we will be back, again and again. This is our new favourite restaurant and although it is not as close to home it is well worth the drive.
Much success Mauro in you new venture. We are so glad we found you again.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went to lunch with my staff. Waitress was friendly and accommodating. After all the reviews we were expecting something special which unfortunately we were disappointed. We were five persons, were bread and some dips were brought out, were we thought it was for two persons but turned out was for all of us. Noodles were not cooked through, pizza dry, short ribs greasy.... Not worth going there again. Was very disappointed after reading all the reviews. We had lunch at 1:00pm and the place was empty. Now I know why.

1  Thank Pete4you
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My boyfriend heard about this place from a friend so we decided to give it a try. We're from the states so we made the trek over the bridge and boy were we happy we did. Our experience at Mauro's was incredibly romantic. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. We felt like we were family. We arrived to the restaurant late (around 9), when we asked when they closed we were told whenever we wanted to leave. We ordered a bottle of wine and began with the Artisan plate. It was delicious, especially the pearl onions. I ordered the braised short ribs and my bf ordered the Orecchiette San Marzano pasta. Both were very delicious. We tried the Tiramisu for dessert and it was one of the best I've ever had. After our meal we had the privilege to meet with the chefs, both were very friendly and informative. We can't wait to go back for another romantic evening!