“Most Unprofessional Service Ever” 1 of 5 bubbles

Zap Zone
Chatham, Canada
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Most Unprofessional Service Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Went to this place early August in the summer with neighbours. Thought it would be fun to let our girls get out on a go-kart for the first time.

I didn't go in a cart but my neighbour did. Everything was going fine until time was up and everyone had to bring their cars back into the pit. One of the staff apparently has control via a board in the pits over the car speeds remotely. My neighbour said he suddenly had almost no power. Meanwhile my daughter who had been going exactly the same speed the whole time she was driving suddenly revs up and despite pounding on the brake smashes into a row of parked carts. And I mean smashed. She has been traumatized by the crash.

Neither of the staff reacted to this despite watching it happen.

Finally the guy who was at the board comes over to help her out of the car but doesn't say a word, doesn't even ask if she is okay. This was after watching her smash full speed into a row of parked carts so hard her cart jumped off the ground.

Things got worse. Obviously my daughter is upset and needed some time to compose herself. It was then the other staff member who had also seen what happened goes inside and the announcement that laser tag was starting comes over the PA and that all ticket holders should go to the laser tag area. My neighbours went and told the girl that my daughter and I had tickets and would be coming shortly but she started the lazer tag anyway.

Now I will note that there were about 8 customers in the place at the time so there was no long line up of people waiting for lazer tag and no reason why the staff member couldn't have waited for us.

So here we are - we've missed the lazer tag and I'm thinking I guess I'll get some tokens to play games while we wait for the neighbours finish lazer tag. I then go up to the counter and ask for $10 worth of tokens but am told I can't buy them with my mastercard because there is a $20 minimum limit for credit card. That fact that I've already spent $20 for gocart and laser tag doesn't matter.

Simply can't believe the completely uncaring, and unprofessional behaviour staff had throughout our visit.

Never, ever again

My neighbours and I still talk about how they couldn't believe the girl started the laswer tag without waiting and I wasn't permited to buy $10 worth of tokens.

Also would note most of the ticket games are the same as Chuckie Cheese's but cost double or quadruple the amount. If you've got younger kids you'd be smarter just to take them to Chuckie Cheese's or Colasanti's for that matter.

Visited August 2013