“Simply amazing!”

Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Being of Chinese descent, I have had my fair share of Chinese restaurants and am familiar with the quality of food they bring. I heard many great reviews on Tantalizing Asian Cuisine along Wyandotte Street, so I decided to try it out for myself. What caught my eye was the bright atmosphere it possessed and that doesn't just mean the lime green walls. The decor was very modern, sophisticated, and emitted a positive energy. I was very impressed as soon as I walked in as most Chinese restaurants look average, but I was even more taken back by the food. Usually, I'm used to Chinese restaurants sloppily throwing food on the plate and serving it, but in this restaurant, I can tell a lot of effort and time went into the presentation. I ordered mango chicken (on it's own, it's available as a combo option as well), spicy pork chop, and Malaysia styled green beans, The food quality matched the well-executed look of my meal and it was just scrumptious. Sue, the owner of the restaurant, is very knowledgeable about her food and cares a lot about the customers. She was more than happy to answer any sort of questions I had, and even recommended dishes that were suited to my liking. I love that she takes the time to get to know you, and treats you as if you're a guest at her house. What's also great about this restaurant that it features Thai, Malaysian, and Chinese food so you have a variety of cultures, and not just one. Tantalizing Asian Cuisine is a very welcoming place with excellent food, great service, and reasonable prices.This is the first Asian restaurants that I would definitely recommend to anyone.

6  Thank Joy_Wong12
There are newer reviews for Tantalizing Asian Cuisine

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Coming from a big city such as Edmonton, I have had my fair share of Asian take-outs including those along Wyandotte close to the University of Windsor. One of the very first things I noticed was how vibrant the restaurant looked. Secondly, the owner and waitress was very friendly and knew their products. The first time I came here, I had the dinner for one Malaysian curry served with chicken fried rice, wonton soup, and spring roll. Presentation-wise, it was obvious a lot of thought and effort was put into it, and the flavors blended nicely together. Second time, I had chicken with mango sauce. It was mildly spicy but the sweetness from the mango tickled my taste buds (real mangoes were added to the dish). The restaurant doesn't cheap out on deep fried food either. There were more meat than batter which is a good sign as other Asian restaurants take shortcuts. Prices are decent and are on par with surrounding areas but quality of the food is hands down better. One thing to note is the food is not drenched in oil for those who are health conscious. If you happen to be in the mood for Chinese, Thai, or Malaysian style food, give Tantalizing Asian Cuisine a try.

7  Thank Guin S
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We became regulars at "Tantalizing Asian Cuisine" after our first visit. Excellent quality food, authentic Asian tastes, generous portions and a very friendly owner Sue who explains her food to you, brings you extras to try on top of your order. Almost any dish can be made "to order", according to your taste. Food is always fresh - very important! We love the friendly service and the fact that Sue remembers us and knows what we like. The place is always clean on top of great service, food and portions. We always take our mother because she loves the food and the place as well. Our last visit after trying many dishes, mom actually ordered her favorite dish from the past. Deserts are all delicious and I would recommend the fried ice cream which is my favorite. Don't be afraid to try the others if you are not a fan of my favorite because they are all very delicious. We also like the decor - modern, refreshing, new.

4  Thank Nick-Tatiana V
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a word of mouth wonder - one friend told another who tried it, then they brought me there. Very friendly service from the owner, who gave us some treats to try on top of our delightful hot pots. (How do they get them so hot?) And the coconut rice to soak up the sauce was fabulous.
The owner recommended the black rice pudding for dessert (which nearly made me pop, I was so full), and that was fantastic, too.

And, bonus, no dairy for the allergy sufferer.

Located in not the most picturesque neighbourhood in town, but there's free parking behind the laundrette.

All very clean if a little shabby chic.

5  Thank SarahMJJ
Reviewed July 15, 2013

After returning from Thailand for an extended stay we've been on the lookout for some flavorful asian dishes --- we have our local favorite spots but this new restaurant caught our attention when the sign went up and has quickly jumped up to the top of the list :)

It was a treat to be introduced to some Malaysian food and to visit a restaurant where they really care about flavors and care about their customers. We've since become regulars visiting regularly, you will be missing out if you don't ask about what new things they might have available --- we dropped by one day to find out there was a delicious green curry not on the menu and ordered it right away, see the pictures -- it was delicious!

I can't say enough good things about this restaurant, it made me simultaneously miss the amazing food in Thailand and be thankful that we have such a great local spot with a mix of Thai, Malaysian and Chinese inspired dishes --- what reminded me most of Thailand was Sue's hospitality, she's friendly and cares about her customers. Don't forget to ask about some of the unique desserts... Thanks Sue ;)

4  Thank Nathan S