“Bad Food” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Waitstaff
Windsor, Canada
“Bad Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I have gone to this place several times and was good; however went tonight and was very disappointed! Mussels with white sauce had no white sauce was just melted butter, chicken fettuccine Alfredo had 2 pieces of chicken, barely any sauce and was dry! Do not recommend!

2 Thank Acompanion12

Montréal, Québec
“food very good served by a nice lady”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

we were searching for a small italian restaurant and we stombled on this nice little restaurant.

Juste ordered the special (lasagna with Cesar salad) and a spaghetti bolognese. The lasagna was fabulous and the spaghetti was al dente and very good also.

A place to recommend but... the bread wasn't up to the rest of the meal. too bad.

• Visited July 2013
Kalamazoo, Mi
“Hidden Treasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

It was so nice to find such a great place to eat in downtown Windsor. We had planned to eat at another restaurant....not knowing about Famoso...but found the doors locked and the place closed down. (We visit Windsor about once a year for a getaway so we are not up to date on the latest closings). We literally turned around wondering where we might go next and saw the Famoso restaurant just across the street.

It looked inviting so we tried it. My husband and I found a lovely combination of contemporary and classic elements ....decor, music, linens, candle, accommodating service, food (loved the complimentary basket of marinated olives/peppers and bread), the wine suggestion, the sauce over our steaks -done just right as requested, med rare- and an extra serving of the steamed vegetables for me because I requested no white potatoes.

For a relaxing ending to the meal, I enjoyed a quality vanilla chai tea which, for me (I eat gluten free and very little dairy) was an aromatic and taste treat.

What we consider as a bonus is that had we searched for a similar place we would have had to drive to Erie Street (for Italian cuisine and that traditional atmosphere we enjoy) but we saved time and trouble by just walking from our hotel. Hope Famoso Ristorante is there next year!

• Visited April 2013
Tecumseh, Canada
“never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Thought we would try since it was a new place downtown. Ordered the ribeye steak , when it came to the table I was surprised by how thin the steak was. It was overcooked, even though I ordered rare. I could barely cut through the steak , and trying to chew was horrible , nothing more than grisle. The chicken marsala we sent back after trying since it was sickly sweet. Very disappointed after paying a premium price for sub par food. Have a feeling this place will be another casualty in the downtown area. Good luck!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Definitely worth visiting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Famoso Ristorante offers a wide selection of traditional Italian dishes, prepared well, and served by dedicated, accommodating and attentive staff. The food is quite reasonably priced and the atmosphere warm, intimate and inviting. I have dined there for both lunch and dinner, and have had nothing but positive experiences. Located just one block from Ouellette Ave., this is the place to go for Italian cuisine when in or near downtown Windsor.

1 Thank WindsorFoody