“Best fried chicken I have ever had!”
Review of Sweet T's Soul Cookin' - CLOSED

Sweet T's Soul Cookin'
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have often heard of this combination of "chicken and waffles" but I had never tried it. It sounded like an odd combination to me. My daughter and I both ordered it. The price is just $13.00. After trying it, I think both items are best on their own...but OMG! were they ever delicious! The waffles came with kind of a smoky tasting maple syrup. Sounds strange but tasted delicious.
And the chicken! Apparently they "brine" it which makes it crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside!
I have never gotten excited about fried chicken before!
THIS is what KFC wishes it could be!!!
We will be back!
If you are visiting Windsor try this restaurant....

1  Thank Blonde4ever000

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

A great addition to Ottawa street. The fried chicken and waffles is just fantastic. Well designed dining room, with a cool atmosphere. Service was great and prices were reasonable. Wish they had a patio however. A few more beers on tap would be nice too.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Went to Sweet T's on the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the best fried chicken and waffle, with smoked maple syrup and a vinegar bbq sauce that I've ever had. And the poutine that they offered was nothing less than deeeelicious ! Fresh hand-cut fries, homemade chicken gravy, shredded chicken and crispy fried chicken skin bits on top...perhaps not the healthiest, but this being the first poutine I've had, it was well worth the calories. Service was excellent and the meals were very reasonably priced.