“Okay but no plans to return soon”

Moxie's Grill & Bar
Ranked #353 of 776 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Canadian
Description: Moxie's Grill & Bar, an excellent casual dining restaurant at Devonshire Mall, Windsor. Featuring a fantastic menu, daily drink specials and patio.
Ontario, Canada
“Okay but no plans to return soon”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Our waitress was excellent and provided our group of 4 great service. Although recent renovations make the interior trendy and attractive, the food generally was overpriced. All sandwiches came with a side of fries and if you wished to substitute for a salad, soup or other type of potato, you had to pay extra. Do they not know that people are trying to eat healthier nowadays? I ordered the Beef Dip (with fries) and it was very good. Another ordered the half-rack of ribs and we joked that it must have come from a miniature pig because the portion of ribs was so small. Years ago, this was a great place to dine but I was somewhat disappointed with their current menu and prices.

• Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
London, Canada
“Three times I've been to moxie, each time a disappointment”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Not a fan of there food, it's very tasteless. They have good appetizers and drinks, that's the only thing I'll be ordering next time !

Visited May 2014
Aurora, Canada
“Delicious lunch, large portions”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Four of us went here for a late lunch last Saturday- two moms, two daughters. We ordered a burger and fries, wings and fries, salad and turkey sandwich and chicken burger and sweet potato fries. All of the meals were excellent- although none of us was able to complete the meals as the portions were very generous. Service was good, very efficient- although as mentioned we there at an off peak time.
Would recommend Moxie's as nice alternative to the mall food court.

• Visited May 2014
“Bad service”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I always loved Moxie's but the last time I was there I had very bad service. I went there with my friend for dinner and drinks. The waitress had no smile at all and it seemed she just wanted to go back to the boys at the bar. She brought the bill when my friend was done her meal without asking us if we wanted another drink. I was told by other people many time how they hated the service but never but never had the same experience until now. How disappointing!

Windsor, Canada
“Never again”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We were warmly greeted and seated and then our waitress came. She spoke so fast we couldn't understand her. The lighting to read the menu, just inside the doorway, was so bad that my wife had to use the flashlight on her phone.

I ordered aCaesar light on the Worcestershire. I can't imagine what a regular one would taste like. Three sips and it went back.

My fully loaded potato with the fixings on the side ended up being twice baked. The New York had too much salt on top and was slightly overdone. My wife had a Szechuan rice bowl with over cooked rice.

When the dishes were cleared it was obvious we were in her way as she reached across without an excuse me.

And by the way, how is this meal prepared in only 8 minutes?

Then when the bill came the Caesar was still on it.

Never again.

Been to Moxie's Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!