“Bad service”

Moxie's Grill & Bar
Ranked #357 of 778 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Canadian
Description: Moxie's Grill & Bar, an excellent casual dining restaurant at Devonshire Mall, Windsor. Featuring a fantastic menu, daily drink specials and patio.
“Bad service”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I always loved Moxie's but the last time I was there I had very bad service. I went there with my friend for dinner and drinks. The waitress had no smile at all and it seemed she just wanted to go back to the boys at the bar. She brought the bill when my friend was done her meal without asking us if we wanted another drink. I was told by other people many time how they hated the service but never but never had the same experience until now. How disappointing!

• Finnish first
“Never again”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We were warmly greeted and seated and then our waitress came. She spoke so fast we couldn't understand her. The lighting to read the menu, just inside the doorway, was so bad that my wife had to use the flashlight on her phone.

I ordered aCaesar light on the Worcestershire. I can't imagine what a regular one would taste like. Three sips and it went back.

My fully loaded potato with the fixings on the side ended up being twice baked. The New York had too much salt on top and was slightly overdone. My wife had a Szechuan rice bowl with over cooked rice.

When the dishes were cleared it was obvious we were in her way as she reached across without an excuse me.

And by the way, how is this meal prepared in only 8 minutes?

Then when the bill came the Caesar was still on it.

Never again.

Windsor, Canada
“Moxie's continues to disappoint”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

As a Windsor resident, I have been visiting Moxie's at least three times a year over the past 10 years. Sadly in the last three years it has steadily declined in terms of the quality of its food. Popular menu items have been removed, only to be replaced by strange unlikely items such as fried salmon.

Late night three of us had a birthday dinner at Moxie's. The food was appalling. I had a baby spinach and chicken salad that was soggy and unpalatable. A very few limp spinach leaves, mostly romaine, a watery dressing, and no longer served with bread. I asked why no bread any longer so they brought me a two barely toasted slices of white bread sprinkled with garlic powder. No water was served with our meal. My friends had hamburgers, one chicken and one veggie covered in a pasty white mayonnaise sauce. One hamburg had a salad s overwhelmed with a greasy cheese dressing, the other served with limp soggie fries less appetizing than a fast food offering.The buns where cold and looked like they came from a Wonderbread package. Finally at the end of the meal they served the free birthday dessert. This has been a traditional offering at Moxie's for many years. Once it was a four inch blondie squiare covered in ice cream and whipped cream. The creams remain, the blondie was now 1 x 2 inches. And now about the prices. Our bill came to 66 dollars without the tip. It would seem that Moxie's have put their prices up by about 20%. The waitress told us the beer on Tuesdays was half price. With three entrees averaging 16 dollars each with tax. This means the beer cost 6 dollars a glass including tax. Is Moxie's regular price fora glass of house beer now 10 dollars? What a shame that this once delightful diner has fallen so low in terms of food quality and service.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I used to be every day visitor to moxies”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

But since the stopped serving popcorn Cajun shrimp, never been back. And never will be till I see A ad that it back! That all I liked at this location and oh it was so good!!

Visited October 2013
“Surprising!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Was at Devonshire Mall in Windsor, had an hour to kill before a movie-went to Moxies...7-8 Beers on tap, all coming in ice cold glasses..menu was fairly simple..had the chicken enchiladas, which included generous sides of guacamole, salsa and sour cream...the Red Thai Chicken/ Curry bowl was also very different and delicious. Both dinners were more than substantial..food came quickly, and on hot plates. Server Louisa was good, but if she called my wife and me, "GUYS", one more time, I may have clobbered her!!!! All in all, very good, and VERY well priced.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank TobyRudy

Been to Moxie's Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!