“Delightful Christmas Tour”
Review of Willistead Manor

Willistead Manor
Ranked #13 of 85 things to do in Windsor
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I remember touring Willistead Manor one Christmas maybe 25 or more years ago and I was delighted to be able to do it again this past December. In addition to the opportunity to experience the history and beauty of this lovely landmark, the seasonal tour offers a spectacle of lovely Christmas trees and festive holiday decor on display throughout the manor. The tour is self-guided, and in each room there are knowledgeable and smiling volunteer tour guides who provide a wealth of information on the manor's history and significance.

The coach house has a nice marketplace to browse after your tour with a variety of vendors selling handmade and unique items: jewelry, art, gifts and collectibles.

I am sure the tour is a holiday tradition for many families and it's a lovely way to show support and appreciation for this lovely heritage site, as well as to revv up some festive holiday spirit.

1  Thank Zsuzsana

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The Willistead Manor is worth seeing if you get the chance, especially at Christmas time when all of the rooms are decorated. A gorgeous place for a wedding.

1  Thank Bev T
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Good menu and great service although my entree had a touch to much salt taste for "my" liking I truly enjoyed it and ingredients were seemed fresh and it was different than the normal fair. Only fear of my review is I "think" this is the right place that uses local ingredients--I will double check.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I took a tour of Willistead Manor, and it is amazing. The detail work that went into making that house.
My fiancee and I even went to a Halloween party fund raiser that they had last year.
If you get a chance to tour it, you should.

1  Thank Eeyore205
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just held my daughter's wedding at this historical gem. Ceremony outdoors in the gardens by the fountain, dinner in the upstairs dining room, and reception all throughout. A very cozy, intimate and elegant gathering for a smaller wedding (100 guests). A wonderful time was had by all. Staff and hosts all take such pride in this treasure. Christmas tours are breathtaking <3