“If you are a business man STAY AWAY”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #2 of 75 things to do in Windsor
More attraction details
Owner description: Bet on lots of excitement at Ontario's premier gaming complex featuring more than 80 table games, 3,300 slots and tournament series.
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I have beentravellung all my life, and this is the first time I write a review. The hotel is clean people are polite, and it's pretty impressive considering you are not in Vegas but instead Windsor. But ... If you are a business man, and say, oh, you want to send and recieve emails, well then you are a little to advanced for this place. NO WI-FI !!! Just so that we are clear, it's not so mach that it is not working or down, it's not offered and never has been. So let's say that you are not an iPad or tablet user, then they can offer you wired (actually they call it "AT&T Wi-Fi wired" ( I kid you not that's what the info sheet says), but that's not included at 170$ a night, that's an extra 15$ you pay for the luxury. So in conclusion, this great palace would be perfect for Caesar himself, but if you are one of those crazy business men who car to have wireless access in your room, either pack a wi-fi router, or go to the less sophisticated but no so technilogically handicapped super-8 motel down the street.

2  Thank Chris J
There are newer reviews for Caesars Windsor

Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I recently had our passports updated for an upcoming cruise and we decided to head over to Windsor to do a little shopping and gambling. We are from Toledo, Ohio and frequent Detroit, Michigan since it's only an hour away and decided to change things up a bit with a drive across the river to Windsor.

We almost decided to give up because parking was about impossible but after circling the casino for the 3rd time, we finally asked if we needed a pass to get into the parking garage (like the sign says) and were told we just had to sign up for one inside the casino and we could park there. Woulda been nice if that info was a bit more clear.

We got into the casino and the first thing we did was sign up for our little cards...you know, the cards you see plugged into the slots with a cord attached to them? Like a little life-line? That's how we got the "free" parking. Upon regestering, the host told us we'd get two free gifts...two janky teeshirts that said "Caesars" on them in size large. We took them but gave them to a couple of young guys because 1)we didn't need them and 2)we didn't want to walk around the casino with our bag of shirts. It was a bit lame because the people next to us signing up for their cards were given a choice of what they could get as their "free gifts" and they chose $5 in slot credits. I would have much rather had that.

Anyway, the absolute nicest thing about Caesars is that it's smoke free!! The Detroit casinos are still not smoke free and it's a night and day difference. Also, Caesars is very clean and was not crowded at all for a Saturday night. I'm sure that has to do with that fact that the American dollar is about equal with the Canadian dollar, Detroit now has its own casinos and a passport is needed to get across the border.

1  Thank Rhonda1966
Reviewed July 21, 2011

First things first - the casino. Very big, on a par with Vegas casinos, nice set-up, well maintained. I know many reviews complain the slots are tight, but we had good luck for 3 out of 4 days. The $5 Wheels have MUCH bigger spin payoffs than Vegas - all prizes bigger, and the max is $5K compared to $1195 in the U.S. My boyfriend saw a man win $20K on video poker; he said it was the 4th time he'd done so (and no taxes on winnings in Canada!). We saw several people have great luck on the high-limit slots. Boyfriend was up a couple grand for most of the trip, ended up leaving ahead even after buying drinks and a less-than-lucky last day. We also had luck at the tables (blackjack). I was always able to find a seat to play. Pit bosses and dealers were very friendly and accommodating, remembered us from day to day. My only bad experience was one night when an angry and abusive player was allowed to stay at the table - pit boss should have tossed him.

Downsides - paying for drinks and no smoking. Both of these were big drawbacks for my boyfriend, but he ended up enjoying himself a great deal and said he would go back. Also, no drinks after 2am, very limited restaurant selection, no real entertainment even in the middle of summer. Nowhere near the business here as in Vegas, so it isn't surprising they can't offer as much selection. My boyriend went into "Caesar's Lounge", which he assumed was the diamond lounge. It turned out that you need 50K points to go in for free meatloaf and a cash bar, instead of all diamond members being welcome.

The hotel: Our room was very nice and exceptionally clean. Only problem at check-in was we noticed a stained pillowcase (looked to be a permanent stain, not dirty). I called housekeeping - immediate, profuse apology, maid was up within 15 minutes to change it, and she refused a tip saying it was their responsibility to make sure everything was great at check-in (contrast this with a request for linen change in Vegas, which took all day and 4 frustrating phone calls). Lovely view of the river. Quiet. Comfortable bed. Room service isn't 24-hours, but they were also friendly and accommodating, remembered us from morning to morning and allowed special requests.

We were disappointed with the restaurant (in the city) recommended by the concierge (Mezzo), so I don't know that I'd place much in what they say.

Overall, not a Vegas experience but if you take it for what it is, you can have a great time!

1  Thank RambleGamble
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We went to Caesar's, Windsor, Ontario for two nights. We got tickets to see Julio Iglesias who we were really looking forward to seeing. Wow, what a disappointment, It took forever to get about 5,000 people into the coleseum so obviously the show started late. Everyone was so disappointed when he sang almost every song in Spanish because they sounded all the same. He sang one song in Italian and two songs in English, that was it. His preformance was a "sleeper" and sad to say but tons of people left after 15 or 20 minutes because there was NO excitement in his voice or his show. He tried to get the crowd going at one point but of course he put everyone to sleep by then so they weren't co-operating. He has a great band if he would have let them GO but he held them back. Julio's voice is beautiful but he doesn't know how to use it. He sat on a chair for most of his songs but got off his chair when one of his three dancers danced around him and stuck her tongue in his mouth! That woke him up a bit but not enough to liven up the show. He could have easily had a great performance because he has the voice and he had the bank. If someone told him what to sing that night they should be fired!!! We needed more English songs, more action on Julio's part and that band should have ripped the roof off the building. I talked to quite a few people after the show and they too were very disappointing. The show ended up only being an hour and 10 after the late start. Maybe if he wasn't so full of himself he could do better because he does have a beautiful voice.

2  Thank chickieboo
Reviewed March 19, 2011

The rooms are clean, the service is excellent, the food is amazing, and the people are friendly and helpful. If you're heading to the Detroit/Windsor area, you should stay in this hotel.