“Excellent and Comfortable”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Windsor
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I recently spent a night at this hotel and was really pleased with everything about it. I arrived early because of an early meeting and was going to see if I could leave my bag at the hotel while I browsed a nearby mall. The young man behind the desk looked up my reservation and said that there was a room available if I wanted to take it. The room was perfect. It was nicely appointed and very clean. The king size bed afforded me a luxurious sleep. The included breakfast was substantial in true Hampton Inn style. There was a great variety of items both hot and cold.

I will definitely return to this hotel the next time I am in Windsor. Give it a try-the rates are very reasonable

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stay at this hotel when I'm in Windsor on business trips. The place is clean and up to date, the staff is very accommodating and welcoming and complimentary breakfasts are great. Consistently positive experiences.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

My criteria for hotels are value, cleanliness and quiet. The Hampton Inn meets with all these criteria while providing little *free* extras like WIFI, parking and breakfast. I feel they are reliable and the best value at the best price.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stay here as a HH Gold. Central location next to the the Hwy but pick a room on the opposite side of the building from the Hwy as traffic/truck noise is heavy due to Ambassador Bridge traffic 24/7

25% of the time had cleaning issues ie room released but really not ready.

Breakfast good if you can get to it. High traffic location with lots of sports/student traffic so breakfast area over loaded some mornings.

Big Negative.....people who run the Breakfast start to close up "ONE HOUR" before the regular closing time. This is a denial of HH benefits and should not be allowed. Feel ripped off if you wait for the crowds to thin out and eat later. I believe the policy is full service open until the clock runs out....no cheating!

Lots of parking. Polite and helpful staff at the front desk. Pool area clean and they will even turn up the pool temp if requested.

No restaurant but there is a full restaurant across the street at the Holiday Inn if needed.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the opposite side of the building from the Hwy as traffic/truck noise is heavy due to...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TM643
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The room was clean and quiet. This hotel is in Windsor Canada. I was disappointed that they didn't get the TV station for the Hockey games, after all it is Canada. I look forward to visiting just to watch the games I can't get in the states. The breakfast bar was a bit of a let down. They used powdered eggs and sausage that had so much filler in it that I couldn't find the sausage. There was beacon once during my one week stay. The rest of the breakfast was as usuall as any other hotel with some fruit and yogert, bread and juice available.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed in this hotel after driving all day from Atlanta Georgia. We were exhausted and cold but made to feel very welcome at this here. The room was well appointed (it's a Hampton), comfortable and affordable. We were treated very well by the staff. The breakfast provided in the price of the room was well beyond our expectations. There was a good selection of food in a nice atmosphere.
In defense of pet friendly hotels, I have to say you would never know that this hotel allows pets, it's spotless and odorless. We would return any time!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a kid's safe place to stay. We attended a gymnastic meet at the University during the weekend. I was a pleasure to be so close to everything and be with friends and their families. Free wifi and hot breakfast were available daily. Hot tub and indoor pool were a pleasure. Hotel management made themselves available in the event of a hiccup. We will stay there on our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2013