“Clean hotel with a great staff...what else matters?”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Windsor
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel just updated the lobby and breakfast area. It looks great. A warm and relaxed atmosphere. The rooms are modern and clean. The AC units are the quietest I have ever heard. I prefer the back side of the hotel due to traffic on the main road. It is very quiet. The staff are terrific and very helpful. The gym is beautiful!!!!!

Room Tip: A perfect place to hang your hat after a long day. AC units are almost silent.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Windsor

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Close to the border, close to shopping, casino, highway. Get a room that doesn't face the main street as the truck noise is a bit loud, but a high up floor will cure that. It was really windy where I was, but I swore I could hear some old chinese woodwind instrument playing, or it might've been the wind blowing so wrecklessly outside.

The staff, great. Had fresh baked cookies at check-in, took care of everything I needed, and when I started smelling cigarette smoke in my room for some reason - the smell of smoke apparently coming in from the vents - they upgraded me to a room with a kitchenette and a bit of walking around space. Thanks to Erica who made that possible.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room off the main street, one preferably on the 7th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Windsor On. Very nice Hotel, clean, nice rooms, no bed bugs. Had a room with 2 queen beds, found the beds to be very comfortable.
Would stay there again when in Windsor.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 801Annette
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed at this property during the holidays. We came back and were greeted by a gentlemen named Dan who remembered my family from last year. He even remembered we were big Chicago Bears fans....I mean who remembers this? He was so nice and pleasant. The lobby was under renovations and he made the most out of the situation. Some guests were really mean and obnoxious, but he quickly made them laugh and diffused the situation. If you go here ask for him, he goes above and beyond to help guests. He made sure everything was ok with our room, provided directions, dinner reservations....everything. In addition, the rooms were great, breakfast was great, and the pool area was all to ourselves. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We just stayed 3 nights in Windsor at the Hampton and had a great time. The room was very clean with good quality bedding, a desk, flat screen TV, and a nice washroom. The pool was saltwater which was a nice change from the chlorine burning my eyes. Every morning they had an above average breakfast buffet which was included in the room price. The front desk staff was very helpful and went out of their way to obtain a small fridge and microwave for our room. The location is just minutes from most attractions and there is a Tim Hortons right across the street. This will be our new home base when we go to Windsor in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Last month I stay in hotel room very good, Ac heat good , bathroom good problem is bad break fast butter was warm, and test bad, and force of water in vanity sink very slow , I was not happy but best front desk staff and house keeper very good
Any way good stay.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I used to stay in this hotel all the time, and really liked it. Now I only travel to Windsor about 4 times a year, but was confident booking a room. Unfortunately, a youth hockey team also apparently booked at the time I was there. Which brings me to my beef about this stay - I called down to the desk around 10:45 p.m. because I wasn't able to sleep due to noise in the hall and noise I could hear through the bathroom vent (10:45 is late for me, I have to be up at 4:30 each morning). I asked if they could ask the kids to maintain an acceptable level of quiet. After a half hour I ended up going into the hall to ask them myself, which was unfortunate because the door shut behind me and I was in my pajamas. Not a happy camper! I feel that the hotel really should have been proactive about the noise after 10 at night, and if they get a call to complain, it's not reasonable they do nothing about it.
I will note that I was rather tired, angry and embarrassed to be at the front desk in my pajamas, and therefore unpleasant to the desk clerk. She was still there the next morning when I was checking out and she was kind and displayed no coolness and was actually conciliatory, which amazed me and was extremely commendable.
Nonetheless, I am now staying at the Hilton downtown instead, or at least for the remainder of hockey season.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, Huron Church has a lot of truck traffic and can be almost a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business