“Great hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Windsor
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed at this property during the holidays. We came back and were greeted by a gentlemen named Dan who remembered my family from last year. He even remembered we were big Chicago Bears fans....I mean who remembers this? He was so nice and pleasant. The lobby was under renovations and he made the most out of the situation. Some guests were really mean and obnoxious, but he quickly made them laugh and diffused the situation. If you go here ask for him, he goes above and beyond to help guests. He made sure everything was ok with our room, provided directions, dinner reservations....everything. In addition, the rooms were great, breakfast was great, and the pool area was all to ourselves. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We just stayed 3 nights in Windsor at the Hampton and had a great time. The room was very clean with good quality bedding, a desk, flat screen TV, and a nice washroom. The pool was saltwater which was a nice change from the chlorine burning my eyes. Every morning they had an above average breakfast buffet which was included in the room price. The front desk staff was very helpful and went out of their way to obtain a small fridge and microwave for our room. The location is just minutes from most attractions and there is a Tim Hortons right across the street. This will be our new home base when we go to Windsor in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Last month I stay in hotel room very good, Ac heat good , bathroom good problem is bad break fast butter was warm, and test bad, and force of water in vanity sink very slow , I was not happy but best front desk staff and house keeper very good
Any way good stay.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I used to stay in this hotel all the time, and really liked it. Now I only travel to Windsor about 4 times a year, but was confident booking a room. Unfortunately, a youth hockey team also apparently booked at the time I was there. Which brings me to my beef about this stay - I called down to the desk around 10:45 p.m. because I wasn't able to sleep due to noise in the hall and noise I could hear through the bathroom vent (10:45 is late for me, I have to be up at 4:30 each morning). I asked if they could ask the kids to maintain an acceptable level of quiet. After a half hour I ended up going into the hall to ask them myself, which was unfortunate because the door shut behind me and I was in my pajamas. Not a happy camper! I feel that the hotel really should have been proactive about the noise after 10 at night, and if they get a call to complain, it's not reasonable they do nothing about it.
I will note that I was rather tired, angry and embarrassed to be at the front desk in my pajamas, and therefore unpleasant to the desk clerk. She was still there the next morning when I was checking out and she was kind and displayed no coolness and was actually conciliatory, which amazed me and was extremely commendable.
Nonetheless, I am now staying at the Hilton downtown instead, or at least for the remainder of hockey season.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, Huron Church has a lot of truck traffic and can be almost a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank gasndeiseldontmix
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed for at this property on the night of the 24th. We were going to the Brian Setzer concert in Windsor and decided to make a weekend of it. The staff was excellent. Very nice and helpful. The room was very comfortable and very clean. Bed was super comfy! We had a king room on the street side, 5th floor. The pool area was very nice. Breakfast in the morning was very good. Hot items were part of the breakfast. Common area was very nice. The ladies working the breakfast were very nice and really took care of everything. Just a really great staff.

Room Tip: While I did notice some of the truck traffic, it was no big deal. The street the hotel is located o...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The room was excellent as were the bed, washroom and breakfast. Only issue we had was that we were on the street side of the hotel and the truck noise was quite loud as an intersection is right outside the hotel. It was a time of year where neither the AC or heat were on so the noise was quite noticeable.

I would recommend this hotel, but ensure that you ask for a room on the opposite side to the street.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Daytona Road side of the hotel will be quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Everything was super including the excellent breakfast! Sausage, eggs, cereal - everything. I had one problem, I am allergic to feathers and the pillows AND duvet are feather! I asked for new pillows but didn't realize the duvet was also feather!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family