“Water force low in vanity sink,poor breakfast” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Windsor

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Windsor
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
“Water force low in vanity sink,poor breakfast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Last month I stay in hotel room very good, Ac heat good , bathroom good problem is bad break fast butter was warm, and test bad, and force of water in vanity sink very slow , I was not happy but best front desk staff and house keeper very good
Any way good stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
Oshawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I used to stay in this hotel all the time, and really liked it. Now I only travel to Windsor about 4 times a year, but was confident booking a room. Unfortunately, a youth hockey team also apparently booked at the time I was there. Which brings me to my beef about this stay - I called down to the desk around 10:45 p.m. because I wasn't able to sleep due to noise in the hall and noise I could hear through the bathroom vent (10:45 is late for me, I have to be up at 4:30 each morning). I asked if they could ask the kids to maintain an acceptable level of quiet. After a half hour I ended up going into the hall to ask them myself, which was unfortunate because the door shut behind me and I was in my pajamas. Not a happy camper! I feel that the hotel really should have been proactive about the noise after 10 at night, and if they get a call to complain, it's not reasonable they do nothing about it.
I will note that I was rather tired, angry and embarrassed to be at the front desk in my pajamas, and therefore unpleasant to the desk clerk. She was still there the next morning when I was checking out and she was kind and displayed no coolness and was actually conciliatory, which amazed me and was extremely commendable.
Nonetheless, I am now staying at the Hilton downtown instead, or at least for the remainder of hockey season.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, Huron Church has a lot of truck traffic and can be almost a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank gasndeiseldontmix
michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed for at this property on the night of the 24th. We were going to the Brian Setzer concert in Windsor and decided to make a weekend of it. The staff was excellent. Very nice and helpful. The room was very comfortable and very clean. Bed was super comfy! We had a king room on the street side, 5th floor. The pool area was very nice. Breakfast in the morning was very good. Hot items were part of the breakfast. Common area was very nice. The ladies working the breakfast were very nice and really took care of everything. Just a really great staff.

Room Tip: While I did notice some of the truck traffic, it was no big deal. The street the hotel is located o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

The room was excellent as were the bed, washroom and breakfast. Only issue we had was that we were on the street side of the hotel and the truck noise was quite loud as an intersection is right outside the hotel. It was a time of year where neither the AC or heat were on so the noise was quite noticeable.

I would recommend this hotel, but ensure that you ask for a room on the opposite side to the street.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Daytona Road side of the hotel will be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Everything was super including the excellent breakfast! Sausage, eggs, cereal - everything. I had one problem, I am allergic to feathers and the pillows AND duvet are feather! I asked for new pillows but didn't realize the duvet was also feather!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I wasn't expecting much and I was actualy quite happy with the result.This hotel is located near the Detroit -Winsor Bridge which is a good location but is also very noisy.Ask for a room on the east side of the hotelif you are a light sleeperThere is transport truck noise all night long on the street that fronts the hotelThe elevator is very slow so allow yourself a few extra minutes if you are in a huuryThe room is very clean in every way.It even smells clean and fresh.
The included breakfast is by far better than most hotels in this class.It includes some hot items as well as the usual fruits ,cereals buns etc.The staff are friendly ,helpful and well informed.
Overall the benefits far outweigh the minor drawbacks.

Room Tip: Roms on east side are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CuriousGeorgeIV
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hotel was clean and check-in was fast for us arriving so late. We got a special rate for a wedding that still seemed a bit expensive. We spoke with others that got a better rate, at hotels of similar quality, at their regular rate!! Room was comfortable but would prefer if there was a room with 2 beds. Bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. Bathroom nice with great shower head pressure. A/C unit seemed a bit old, and smelled odd if we put it on heat. Thank goodness for the duvet. But that is OK since we like it cool for sleeping, and like the white noise background sound. We had our room on the 3rd floor and were facing the road. We had no problem with any noise from the street ( due to keeping the fan running all night). Breakfast was satisfactory, but in a small area making it congested when people tend to stand around hot food area. There were 2 rooms for eating but most people tended to stay in main area. Love the coffee bar with several hot urns of different strengths of coffee and decaf too. I think there should have been some sort of reprimand from the staff for the pre-teen boys running around being loud, pulling little pranks, and generally acting crazy on the ground floor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends