“Nice hotel- great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Windsor

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Windsor
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Toronto
“Nice hotel- great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Stayed here for business in April and return every few months. No issues- clean, good service, good ammenities...would stay again. Have stayed with the family as well -great for business or family.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stay here on business fairly regularly. The front of the Hotel faces Huron Church Rd and it can be very busy (and noisy) with truck traffic headed for the boarder all through the night. The rooms along the back are very peaceful. The hotel is a typical Hamton Inn with clean rooms, and a good breakfast. They have an indoor pool and while I've never used it myself it always appears to be kept cleean and tidy.
I will continue to return as long as I can get a room away from the road.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites for two nights to attend a wedding. The hotel staff was very welcoming and friendly. The breakfast buffet was fabulous- a nice mix of waffles, eggs, bagels, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal- something for everyone. Though a little dated, the room was clean and comfortable- the bathroom was very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Belle River, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed here several days in July/Aug. The hotel is on Huron Church, a busy road with hundreds of transport trucks passing by as they head for the Ambassador Bridge. We had a room at the back of the hotel and the noise of the road did not bother us at all, but ....the room did.
The first thing we noticed when we walked into the room was the smell. It was a non-smoking room but my husband thought it smelled like smoke. I didn’t think so, I just though it smelled like a dirty carpet.
The carpet was very old and stained and damaged (I would not walk on it without shoes on). The rest of the room could have done with some updating too like a putting in a new mirror without rust by the sink. The bedding was nice, typical Hilton stuff and comfortable but the curtains in the room really should have been ironed, they were all wrinkled and that did not add any more charm to the room then the old carpet and rusty mirror. There were also brown stains in the toilet. We asked housekeeping about that and they said the stains were from the water and were common in the area. They then went on to tell us how other institutions removed them....my question to the Hampton is... then why don’t you clean the stains off???
Our room had no pens, no paper , no phone books, no bible, no shower caps, no plastic bags for the ice bucket.......I was told by the person at the front desk that the hotel has decided not to give out plastic bags for the ice buckets anymore, which I think is just unsanitary, but the staff was helpful in giving me grey garbage bags to use. (I then went out and bought my own little plastic bags) I asked why they did not put phone books in the room and was told that the hotel was taking steps to go green and most people just used their blackberries to find phone numbers.......we don’t have a blackberry...so now what. I guess we were also supposed to use the blackberry for a shower cap too. If this hotel really wanted to go green, how about putting in real glass drinking glasses in the rooms instead of the generous number Styrofoam cups provided.
I looked for a recycle bin in the room and eventually found that it was the garbage can in the bathroom that had a divider in the middle and if you looked very closely you could make out the word recycle on it......
I also had some trouble setting up the internet. First, no one told us when we checked in and they gave us the “code” for the internet , that they were not wireless and second after trying to figure out why we were getting nowhere trying to hook up, we discovered that the cable was unplugged under the desk....
Other than all of the above, the staffs were all very friendly and helpful. One night there was a girls’ sports team staying at the hotel. They were a tad noisy and in the room on either side of ours. We called the front desk to see if he could ask them to keep the noise down which he did and I also think the coaches helped with that.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Applebee19
Saint John, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed here 2 nights.
No surprises - usual Hampton Room with all you need. Clean - good breakfast.
Price was right.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

We stayed just for 1 night. We were attending a concert @ the Fox in Detroit. The location is very convenient but noisy with nonstop truck traffic. We read previous reviews and asked for a room facing the back of the hotel. The room was a bit tired. Older furniture very tired bed linens and a laughable lumpy comforter. When we opened the door it looked like someone was in the bed. Free wired internet. I havn't stayed anywhere that hasn't had wireless for a very long time. The carpet had obvious stains and grout missing in several spots in the bathroom. The worst part was the breakfast. We both threw it in the garbage and went out for breakfast before hitting the road. The fruit was far from ripe, as hard as a rock. Un-cooked waffles that were raw and doughy after the timer went off. Also, they offered raw and doughy mini muffins that were not completely baked. They couldn't pay me to eat that, it was definitely the worse breakfast we have had at any Homewood or Hampton location. Stick with the prepackaged cereal and yogurts. Starbucks and Tim Horton’s are very close by.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank tuesdaysgone
Cameron Park, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

After a day in the wine country we spent the night at the Hampton Inn. It's hard to find a B & B in the Russian River area that will let you stay only 1 night on a weekend so a hotel is your only only choice. However, this place did not disappoint! The hotel appeared to quite new and the rooms were beautifully appointed. We reserved a larger room and it had a great little kitchenette area with a fridge as well as a sitting area. The hotel is located across the street from a great restaurant called Garlic Jack's which was mobbed before 6:00. The only disappointment was the complimentary morning breakfast. It was totally self-serve, offered canned fruit and other sad selections. Paper plates, cups and plastic utensils didn't help. However, the price was right! The people traveling with their kids seemed totally content! While I prefer the B & Bs, they are more expensive and require two nights. This is a fabulous alternative and I would certainly return!

• Stayed April 2011