I stayed at Caesars Windsor the night after Thanksgiving in 2009. Having been to Vegas a few times, I was excited to see how Caesars would be without having to go all that way. Apart from the nice room, I wish I'd never bothered!
1) The best way to get there (I think) is Detroit Airport. Trouble is...99% of Detroit taxi drivers do not have passports, so they can't take you to Caesar's, and the ones that can charge the Earth. We paid $55 from one end of the tunnel to the other, having spent an hour looking for a taxi!
2) I sat down at a gaming table and ordered a drink. When I went to tip the waitress, she told me that actually the drink was six bucks! You don't get that in Vegas....
3) Decided to check out the local watering holes, but they ALL stop serving at 2am - even clubs (and even adult clubs).
3) Just to try and avoid a repeat of the taxi debacle, we decided to book one through the hotel for our departing flight. When we got half way to the airport, my phone rang to say that our taxi was waiting. I told them we'd obviously got in the wrong one, and thought nothing of it. Two days later, I had a $125 charge on my credit card - turns out Caesars had handed over my credit card details to the taxi firm! I rang them and spoke to various levels of management, but they just stood firm and said that I "must have" been warned!
If you ever get tempted to go here, think of the fun you had last time you were in Vegas, and then book a flight to Vegas ;-) See you on the Strip!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXPERIENCE THE LARGEST CASINO RESORT IN CANADA. Spectacular luxury awaits you at the 27-story Augustus and 22-story Forum hotel towers. When combined, they boast 758 luxurious rooms peppered with indulgences that are hard to resist. Enjoy complimentary valet service, room service, concierge attention, an indoor pool, health club, fitness centre and wireless high-speed service. From our award-winning buffet to our world-renowned steakhouse, Caesars Windsor is your place for great culinary indulgences. Our 8 restaurants include: Neros steakhouse, Augustus Cafe, Artist Cafe, Market Buffet, Legends Sports Bar, Pronto Cafe, Vu Bar and Cosmos. Experience many of the legendary names in entertainment in our 5,000 seat entertainment centre. Enjoy non-stop gaming action spread over two expansive floors, with World Series of Poker satellite tournaments and sports wagering. Getting here is easy. Accessible by Via Rail, the Windsor Airport (YQG) and the Detroit Metro Airport (DTW). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Caesars Windsor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caesars Windsor Hotel Windsor
- Caesars Hotel Windsor
- Casino Windsor Hotel
- Windsor Caesars Hotel
- Windsor Casino
- Caesars Windsor Ontario