“worst experience we ever had”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
hamilton
“worst experience we ever had”
Reviewed November 6, 2009

buffett is overpriced and under staffed. casino cancelled shuttle to other hotels. room was durty first night. staff treated platinum guests much better than gold. some room fictures(lamps)did not work. our third and last visit. machines way tight no bells in four days. no winners anywhere

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 373737

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,916)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Toronto
Reviewed November 1, 2009

This is a large hotel with two towers and a casino. Similar in style to the large L.V. hotels. Front check in staff was less than satisfactory - a real turn off. We asked for a room in the new tower with a view of Detroit and river and without an adjoining room. We were told the hotel was "sold out" they had no other rooms whatsoever anywhere in this large hotel. No attempt to even try to be of assistance, just no, no & no. Our room was in the far tower (the room: no view other than the parking garage and was an adjoining room) and two elevators were being refurbished making tor long wait times. The hotel staff (other than the front desk) were great and very friendly. The room were average but very clean with a comfy king bed. No WIFI and wired internet was $$$. Nice large casino. Good gym and pool. We tried the buffet for breakfast and once for lunch which was good for a casino. If you are going to have dinner go to Erie Street which has some wonderful Italian restaurants.

Windsor is a great city with great Italian restaurants, perfect for a short vacation. In my opinion if the hotel sends the front end staff on some much needed customer relations training this would be a great hotel/casino.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank LMC_Canada
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 24, 2009

My friends and I stayed at Caesars Windsor in October 2009. We were going to the Lions v. Steelers game and stayed in Winsdor instead. We have been to the casino a few times but never stayed there. The room was great. The bed was very comfortable, flat screen tvs and a VERY spacious bathroom. We had a fridge and microwave too. The buffet was not very good this time. It was 20.00 for lunch (we had no comps yet) which was pricey for roast beef. Check-in was an adventure getting to the room (Forum Tower) but the people are SUPER nice. Concierge through the valets, all VERY nice people.
The machines were ok. Some hits, nothing too big (150.00 or so) but no major jackpots. We all hit right around the 150-200 on a machine here and there, but like I said nothing major. Tables were 10.00 in the afternoon for blackjack and then went up to 15-20 after 8, and it was busy on that Saturday night. Sports Book became a pain. Depending on the game, you need to wait up to an hour for the final payoff.
I would definately stay here again. It was a good time and I came home with a couple bucks more than I left with. I didnt go to the pool or anything so I cannot review that. We did walk to Walkersville Brewery which was nice, but in receivership. Free beer samples though. This isnt Vegas, but hotel was nicer than what I have stayed in Atlantic City, just no free drinks.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank rjkcpktrips
Windsor
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Living in Windsor never did I think of spending a night at the hotel. Well, I'm sure happy I did now!

After walking into our room, I forgot I was in Windsor. The new tower is amazing! AMAZING! The room was beautiful, the bathroom was astounding and the overall experience was just downright fantastic.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AlwaysHappyInTheSun
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I really enjoyed this hotel and the amenities. We were in Detroit on business and decided to stay on the Canadian side of the river. It is a bit of a pain going back and forth, but I'm glad I did it. Caears is definitely a great destination in an area that is otherwise a bit drab. I had stayed at the newer Greektown Casino Hotel in Detroit on my last trip, and was not impressed. I had a room in the Augustus tower. The room was definitely above average in size. I enjoyed the extra space and the elegant furnishings. The food, service, room and public areas were all excellent.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Rowdy G
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My wife and I and another couple stayed here on a Saturday night. We had standard rooms, in the Forum(?) Tower. We didn't have a river view, but the rooms were very well appointed and very clean. The hotel is in a great location for walking to the bars and restaurants downtown. The only down side was the 1/2-mile or so walk from the parking garage to the lobby to check in - of course they direct you all thru the casino in hopes that you'll drop some money on the way. But it is a very nice facility.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Vatican City
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The room was just great, but the layout of the buildings and the gaming results stink out loud. Be prepared for lots of walking, getting lost, and asking directions of employees who are friendly but not sure of their surroundings.

This was a most bizarre experience - one which you should avoid.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple