“Great hotel. You'd almost swear you were in Vegas.”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I really enjoyed this hotel and the amenities. We were in Detroit on business and decided to stay on the Canadian side of the river. It is a bit of a pain going back and forth, but I'm glad I did it. Caears is definitely a great destination in an area that is otherwise a bit drab. I had stayed at the newer Greektown Casino Hotel in Detroit on my last trip, and was not impressed. I had a room in the Augustus tower. The room was definitely above average in size. I enjoyed the extra space and the elegant furnishings. The food, service, room and public areas were all excellent.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Rowdy G
Write a ReviewReviews (8,148)

Reviewed October 11, 2009

My wife and I and another couple stayed here on a Saturday night. We had standard rooms, in the Forum(?) Tower. We didn't have a river view, but the rooms were very well appointed and very clean. The hotel is in a great location for walking to the bars and restaurants downtown. The only down side was the 1/2-mile or so walk from the parking garage to the lobby to check in - of course they direct you all thru the casino in hopes that you'll drop some money on the way. But it is a very nice facility.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

The room was just great, but the layout of the buildings and the gaming results stink out loud. Be prepared for lots of walking, getting lost, and asking directions of employees who are friendly but not sure of their surroundings.

This was a most bizarre experience - one which you should avoid.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

My parents and I stayed here in October to attend an event in Detroit. The hotel was very large, the casino was clean and fun, and our room was perfect. The restaurants were great, too, and I really enjoyed the updated equipment in the fitness center. It was a bit of a hassle going back and forth between Michigan and Canada for the event we attended, but that was a minor annoyance. All in all, a great place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2009

My visit to this hotel was terrific. From arrival to departure the staff was exceptional in meeting all my needs. My room (Augustus Tower) was clean, beautiful, with a fantastic view of the Detroit skyline. The employees in the buffet were outstanding. The casino areas were huge with plenty of slots and table games available. I would definitely stay at this facility again,

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My wife and I recently spent two nights and days at Ceasar's Windsor. We had visited the casino before, but never spent the night. We both love the casino. The layout appeals to us, as well as the no smoking policy. No matter how crowded the casino, it always seems there's plenty of elbow room. Our Forum Tower hotel room was great, with a fantastic view of the river, and Detroit skyline. The staff we've encountered there have always been top-notch, very friendly and helpful.
The one thing that really bothered me was having to traverse the entire casino, dragging my luggage, to reach the hotel check-in counter, in the Augustus Tower. Then, once we checked in, we had to hoof it all the back through the entire casino to get to our room, in the Forum Tower. Why on earth isn't the registration desk in a central location, near the entrance?? That's crazy!!

Reviewed September 24, 2009

I stayed on Sept 18 after the Alan Jackson concert. The concert was everything that I could ever imagine and I was also lucky enough to be part of the meet & greet which was a lifetime dream. I was put in the forum tower this time and I was not as pleased as I was in the augusta tower but overall everything was great. The only thing that I really wish for is that they would make the Forum Tower the part that can have children in it so we could take the kids to the pool. Overall I would recommend this casino to anyone 10 out of 10 on the rooms and as far as the casino they could loosen up the slots a bit I did not see many winners

Stayed: September 2009