“First time - Wonderful!”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed February 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Ceasar Windsor for our first time over Valentine's weekend! Despite the othe reviews, we had a wonderful time! The room was beautiful, service was excellent and the experience was great! Long check -in when we arrived, but the lined went quickly. All of our food was comp'd at the end of our stay as well! Great gaming areas! I highly reccomend!! We will visit again soon!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (7,856)

Reviewed February 11, 2009

This was our third stay at Caesar's in the last 6 months and have no major complaints. We always ask (and receive) for a room in the Augustus Tower. Our view was so-so, but how much time do you spend looking out the window?! If I am that interested in seeing Detroit, I will cross the bridge and take a tour. We always eat dinner at the buffet with no complaints. The machines are never the same - the last time it let us play for hours, other times they are very tight. We have only two complaints - the servers could be more visible during the evening and late hours...and they need to do a better job of housekeeping around the machines. If that involves shutting down for a hour or so, so be it. We left one machine late at nite only to return the next morning to find the same fingerprints very visible. Almost wants you to bring your own sanitizer clothes with you. Valet service was good - check in is tolerable. We seem to be pretty satisfied with the overall casino or we wouldn't be going back in a couple of weeks. This is our second comped show and are excited about getting away for the weekend! Enjoy yourselves - it's a fun place to visit.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2009

Since Harrahs took over, it is awful. Don't get any food comps. You can play at any Detroit casino and get all the food comps you want. Slots are so tight, they are not even enjoyable. You will get a bonus and you get excited and think you are going to win a little-sorry. You are lucky to get $5.00. Just the pits. Games are boring. Rarely changed. Terrible buffet. The place is gorgeous and the help is very nice, but the old Windsor was much better. Harrahs ruined it completely. We used to go every 3 weeks, know only about every 6 weeks and are going to start going only a couple of times a year.

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank cplicin
Reviewed February 1, 2009

Hotel, food and casino were very nice. I can't imagine anyone waiting in line an hour and a half to valet their car, tho, like another reviewer stated. I just pulled up and got my ticket and went in the hotel, like any other valet venue.
Live music was nice and machines were average. Deluxe suite was nice.
The only negative was the conceirge, who couldn't seem to pull himself away from chatting with the bellman while he ignored me standing nearby to get assistance from him............... 2 different times!
I'm a 7* and even a platinum player shouldn't be snubbed this way.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank baggitt
Reviewed January 31, 2009

I stayed overnight on business and totally loved my stay. It started with the valet parking. Very nice considering I had nine bags of samples to take in with me. They took my car to a secure heated garage. My bags right to my room after an easy check in. The room was very nice. Large in size with the king-size bed and couch with desk (internet) and flat screen TV. For me the bathroom was top notch. Nice size vanity in the middle of the room with full glass shower on one side and tub on the other. I used the pool and thankfully it was very warm. Pleasant hot-tub and the change rooms were exceptional. Something you'd maybe see in a high end golf club. They offered free anti-perspirant, mouth wash, shaving cream and disposable razors in case you for got your stuff. I went to the casino and won a little on the slots. Watched some friendly older men play craps. They all (including the staff) tried to explain the game to me. Had a lovely Thai salad with chicken and an alcoholic drink for supper at the Artist restaurant for a very reasonable price. The beds were super soft the way I like them to be. Had a great sleep. I plan to stay there again when on business.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2009

We were of the fortunate ones who, like the other review that I just read on this site, were jilted out of a suite at the Ceaser's Hotel that had been booked 3 months prior to our reservation. We had tickets to see a show at 10pm ( Jeff Foxworthy),. After a lengthy wait for valet parking, and a wait at check-in, we were told that our suite had been given to someone else, and that there were absolutely no rooms available. We were to be shuttled to the Hilton, about four blocks away. This was not what we had planned!! The Ceaser's staff seemed to be nonchalant about our dilema, and after talking with the bellman who escorted us to the shuttle, we know why. He told us that he had been working there for ten years, and that what was happening to us was a commom practise of the hotel!! Well, policy or not, they will never see any of our group again, and rest assured, we will tell as many people as we can what a horrible experience we had at Windsor's newest tourist attraction!! I must say that I am appaulled by what happened. I am a resident of Windsor, and the rest of the group were from out of town. We were all together as these events unfolded, and I was embarassed by the treatment that they received. This type of treatment will definitely not bring back repeat customers from out of town, or in our case, from town! Too bad for Ceasar's and for Windsor especially, we need those tourism dollars!! I do hope that the people who took the suite slept well, our friends, in their double room at the Hilton were NOT happy, and will NOT be back!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
4  Thank WindsorRed
Reviewed January 27, 2009

My husband and I often stay at the Windsor Casino.
We usually ask for a suite and get one with a view of Detroit.
The Hosts there are terrific (Holly is the best) I do however wish they would add more Wizard of Oz machines. There are only 3 of them and you must wait over an hour to get one.
The service is excellent and the staff at the check in are very nice
(especially Kathy) The pillow top beds are very comfortable along with down filled pillows. The pool change room even offers deodorant and hairspray.
I do however wish that the casino would open up a check in or at the very least a room to check your luggage at the Forum tower.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple