“Very Pleasant Stay”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This hotel was very nice. The room was huge with lots of amenities including separate tub and shower. Lots of dining on the resort and free parking and internet which is not often the case. The nightly rate was in line with many of the lower starred hotels in town. The only downside is the distance from parking to the hotel. They want you to horse your luggage through a couple of floors of the casino.

Room Tip: If you are comfortable with it take the valet parking and save a long walk with your luggage.
1  Thank philf2
Write a ReviewReviews (7,880)

Reviewed April 1, 2014

My buddies and I recently stayed at Caesars during our recent trip to Detroit to catch a Detroit Red Wings game.

The hotel/casino is located on the Canadian side of the river within walking distance to the tunnel bus which we took to the game.

We found our deluxe room to be very spacious and clean. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

We didn't spend too much time in the hotel but did have breakfast at Taza Mediterrean Grill before we left.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Moondoggie317
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My hubby and I spent a 3 night mini vacation at Caesar's Windsor in March. I booked by phone and was able to upgrade our comp room to river view for $30 a night. We also had free slot play, two free buffets and upon checking out were delighted to find that we weren't charged for the upgrades. The front desk staff are really friendly and accommodating, contrary to some reviews I've read, but then again, I'm a respectful, friendly person, if you get my drift. The rooms are well appointed, comfortable and clean. We stay in the Forum tower where's it's quiet and the pool/spa area is easily accessible. There are always new machines when we visit - usually 3 times per year. In warmer weather the walking trail along the river is a must do.
So, spend a couple of days at this hotel, you'll have a great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view or partial river view room and enjoy a spectacular view of Detroit at night.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

If you are not a smoker, you will like this place. Casinos in general seem to make smokers smoke even more than they normally do. Here, they have to smoke outside. The casino is very large with 2 floors and a ton of slot machines. Good Blackjack rules and I really like the Perfect Pairs side bet some of the tables have. They is a nice selection of eating establishments including the newly opened Johnny Rockets. Great milk shakes there! Some of the rooms in the Forum Tower have a great view of the Detroit River and the city of Detroit. Occasionally some lage ships go by on the river. A very interesting side trip close by is a tour of the Canadian Club Distillery. The history of that place is fascinating, especially during Prohibition. The hotel gets great entertainment in their 5,000 seat venue, at cheap prices, too.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Less than I expected from the brand. The hotel is very nice and clean but I guess with the caesar's name I was expecting more. The room's were well laid out, just a little boring, very beige. The hotel layout, including the driveways, valet parking etc is ridiculously over complicated. Not great flow. I was I the hotel adjacent to the casino. All being said this is the nicest place to stay in Windsor.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had wanted to stay at Caesars during a recent trip to the area for an event - but due to a concert in their venue, the cost was astronomical, so we opted to stay at a Hotel/casino property in Detroit, and drive over to Windsor to spend Friday night with friends who were staying at Caesars. We went for dinner, gambling and the concert.

The concert venue was nice, one of the more enjoyable experiences I've had seeing a concert in an indoor venue. However, drink stations and lines were completely unmanageable. How on Earth you can think a couple of drink stations in a hallway for such a large number of people in such a small space is practical - I will not understand.

The gambling was terrible. I've never seen so many errors by dealers in a short span of time, in my life. Our group played at two different tables, near each other over an hours time. Both tables had either dealing or payout errors, not once but twice a piece in an hour! The dealers had absolutely no personality at all - they were not interactive at all. We tried our hand at slots - at max bet, couldn't catch a win at all...couldn't even get the cost of a spin back, let alone an actual bonus or free spin. I've actually never been in a casino that was so quiet in my life - no one was winning, and there wasn't anyone who looked like they were even having a good time. At least in other casinos I've had a good time losing my money!

After the concert, we did have a late dinner and drinks at Legends. The food was very good and the service was fine.

I will certainly not be making a trip to Caesars Windsor anytime in the immediate future.

1  Thank LivandMarc
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Tried to book 10 rooms for an upcoming convention in May but although the hotel has the rooms they refused to honour the lower pricing that our group was to receive. I hope they end up with UN booked rooms and although I will need to attend the meetings I will not spend a cent at this establishment!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business