“not very friendly manager!!!”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed September 6, 2008

The rooms were okay but nothing specatacular. The service is very poor but remembered that from last time. Went to eat in the new Augustus what a disappointment the server was friendly but did not get my meal correct but she tried and got the so-called asst. manager who looked like he stepped out of high school in a suit. He was not very friendly and did not seem to care about my meal being incorrect. You want us to come back to your establishment after paying 300 a night plus 2000 in gambling doubt it. Save your time and go to MGM they can really put on a show!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank AJAX2007
Write a ReviewReviews (8,331)

Reviewed August 25, 2008

This is a really nice Vegas style casino hotel complex , Caesars did a great job with the renovation. I Stayed two nights in the brand new Augustus Tower. My room had a great view of the river and Detroit skyline, the room came with a fridge, coffee maker and the bathroom had shower and separate tub really luxurious! The only down side with the hotel, I didn't find the hotel staff to be that friendly or helpful, the hotel also needs more doormen to help load/ unload cars. The casino was really nice lots of slots on two floors and lots of tables but NO comp drinks Ontario laws prohibit casinos offering free alcoholic beverages.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank gabe05
Reviewed July 22, 2008

Our first time stay had us overlooking the Detroit River with the GM building as our view ...very picturesque. We also had a plus, ring side seats to the Red Bull air show. Could not have asked for a better view.

Headed back out this weekend from Chicago to check out the new entertainment at Caesars.

Casino was large and a good selection of machines.

Food in the coffee shop, so-so, breakfast was great.

A must go trip. Very drivable

4  Thank Katnden
Reviewed May 27, 2008

My wife and I stayed 1 night on may 16th after the Jerry Seinfeld show at the Fox Theatre in Detroit and had a great stay! We would have stayed at one of the Detroit casinos but they are getting $300 a night and we paid about half that here. The room was really nice and the beds were very comfortable with pillow top mattress. Had a partial view of city and river. Requested a king bed but we checked in late and all that was left was 2 doubles which was alright.
The casino is nice and modern and alot like a Vegas casino now that Harrah's took over. Will never be a Vegas hotel but for a short 2 hr. drive pretty good!
Didn't win any money, but that seems to be a pattern at all the casinos anymore with this bad economy.
We had a late night snack at Artist Cafe which was real good food! For lunch we ate at the buffet which was very very good!! It is 10 times better than MGM Palette, and comparable with Motor City but maybe a little better.
The only bad part of going to Windsor is the border. Going over is a breeze, but coming back to USA they are very slow and sometimes rude at customs! It also cost $3.75 one way.
Another bad thing is you get less money to play with since the US Dollar is worth less than CAD now. Not casinos fault just a political thing!
We are already planning another trip as we get discounted rooms and free buffets with the total rewards players card!
Overall a very nice Hotel Casino! Looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GDSROCK
Reviewed April 3, 2008

We booked an overnight to celebrate a birthday, with dinner for 2 in the dining room. It is not Vegas - the hotel room is sparsely furnished, the casino is rather quiet and we tried unsuccessfully to buy cocktails at 5pm on a Saturday --- the bars were closed or sponsoring private parties for the bus groups and there is little service on the casino floor. That said, it is wonderfully smoke-free, staff is friendly, food is ok. We'll visit the casino again, but not bother with the hotel.

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank MichiganCookies
Reviewed January 6, 2008

Recently stayed at Casino Windsor because my wife had a comp from Harrah's Total Rewards. The room was very nice, newly remodeled. The hotel restaurant was ok, casino seemed to be kind of hard to win, but overall a pleasant experience.

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank Contestguy
Reviewed November 13, 2007

I would have spent more time in it!! Just back yesterday from another great trip to Casino Windsor. I actually won this time :^) Room was as nice as I remember from previous trips but I had forgotten just how comfy the beds are!
Only negative comment I could make is that drinks should be comped. I KNOW there aren't many places that do but after all when spending money to gamble, stay, eat, etc. I would think a few comped drinks are in order. My friend had a rather unfortunate run in with one of the waitresses in the Casino. Seems my friend had brought in her own diet cola. Waitress actually made a lunge at her to take the drink from her. Of course the waitress offered to replace it with a cup of comped cola. The waitress then threatened to call security after she accused my friend of having alcohol in her bottle. Poor customer service in my opinion. I can understand that perhaps the waitress was upset that she might not be getting a tip but if that was the case I would be surprised as I stayed another several hours and NEVER saw a cocktail waitress again! Oh well, didn't change my feelings about my actual room although I must admit I downgraded my rating this time due to the cocktail waitress being so rude. Everyone else during this trip was kind and cordial and I will return.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends