“Much bigger then I had thought!!”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very beautiful hotel with lots of helpful staff. My room was nice and large being well appointed with a couch, mini fridge, closet, large flat screen, comfy beds with different pillows for your liking. One of the nicer bathrooms I have seen with separate tub and walk in shower. An excellent view of the Detroit city skyline and river. It was amazing to watch the Great Lake freighters sail by day and night. This was the only place I have stayed and used the window view as my TV. Lots of restaurants onsite, some a bit pricey, but lots of chains and local places a few minutes walk away.

Huge 2 level casino (Canada's Largest) with all types of video machines, card and betting tables open 24-7. Alcohol is served until 2pm but staff are always around to help you or bring you a drink.
Several bars and some with live entertainment provide a relaxing area away from the noise of the casino floor.
Also onsite is a 5000 seat auditorium with many world class acts passing through over the years.
You can expect a bit of walk to your room and usually through the casino depending on which tower you are in.

Take your passport and catch the Tunnel Bus to Detroit for an easy tour to the city its only $4 each way and clearing customs was very quick on each side. Once in Detroit you can hop on the people mover (overhead train) and see much of the area near the river. The Bus stop is just across the street from the front of the hotel. You can get money exchanged right on the casino floor at an ATM type machine.

Overall my trip was excellent with no issues and maybe someday i will return to Caesars and get my 100$ back lol!!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view on a higher floor it will be hard to leave the window!
There are newer reviews for Caesars Windsor

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel during a convention. The room was very large and had a beautiful bathroom with separate shower. The view was spectacular across the river at the Detroit skyline. For the most part the restaurants are a bit on the pricey side but the Taza was quite reasonable especially for breakfast and the quality was very good. There is also a fast food restaurant called Pronto where you can get pizza or a hot dog if you are pressed for time. This is a huge establishment with the casino on two floors. There can be a fair amount of walking to reach your room but they do have scooters for rent. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful when asked for directions either around the hotel or around town. I would definitely recommend this hotel if staying in Windsor.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We recently found ourselves needing a hotel room in Windsor on a Sunday night. After comparing prices between the Casino Hotel and the other chain hotels, we decided to stay at the Casino. If you are looking for a hotel room, and not planning on gambling, there is no reason to not stay at the Casino Hotel. The Casino Hotel room cost was within $10 of the others, on a Sunday night. And it was lavish and opulent, with free valet parking. Added bonuses was there are 4 or 5 restaurants in the Casino so you don't have to go outside in inclement weather. But if you want to, you can also walk to all the downtown Windsor restaurants.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Large, very comfortable room with a fantastic view across the river to Detroit city centre. Very good bed, curtains that kept out the light, a good desk with reasonable Internet and a separate shower - all the basic boxes well and truly ticked. Food in the sports bar was OK with good service.
Breakfast in the Artists Café was poor - a triumph of quantity over quality - and seemed expensive, especially for the mediocre food that was on offer. The second morning, I was also chased out as I was leaving and accused of not paying - embarrassing in front of my clients... In fact, I had charged to the room but there was, they claimed, a "computer glitch" - but that was while I was cooling my heels by the till, after my clients had left. Unacceptable - especially with no apology.
They also need to look at their check-out process - I had to make a trip across the entire gaming floor and back, just to collect a receipt after checking out from my room.

1  Thank Ashley H
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Rooms area nice, beds are soft,. I've ate at all the restaurants and havent had a bad meal yet. Live entertainment is really good too. The main bar that has the bands/groups are fa-nominal!
Even room service is fast. Did have one hickup getting thru valet...scheduling went wrong and it took 45 minutes to park BUT it normally takes 5 minutes...

Room Tip: Pick a room that faces Detroit - the river is beautiful to look at.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2013

First up, we are not gamblers so the casino was not why we were there; a family member was in a completion at the hotel and we were there for moral support. Perhaps that was why we were not charmed with this property.

I get it is a casino and their entire reason for being was to not only get you there but to get you back. However, the pressure to obtain some card was immense. In the Gift Shop, we made a simple $20 purchase, paying cash, and got a long spiel on some card that we had to have. Twice we tried to stop the talk (we couldn't walk away because the transaction wasn't complete) but the clerk smiled, brushed aside our protests and talked on...and on...and on. She seemed to be unable to comprehend that we didn't want the card. Finally she stopped, smiled at us, pulled out a card and put in front of us. We once again politely declined, my husband handed her the cash for the transaction, her smile disappeared and she completed the transaction but her warm and engaging manner was gone.

We paid for a 'deluxe' room on the 17th floor and the view was stupendous. We finally went to bed and turned on the TV only to find that the TV remote didn't work. We tried several things to make it work, including manually turning the TV off and on but nothing worked. My husband called to ask for someone to come up and fix the situation. The woman on the phone told us to try several things first, all of which we had already done and she promised that someone would be with us shortly. We got back up, got dressed and waited. 40 minutes tick by and by this time we are truly tired. My husband called back and got a different woman who promised that she would send someone. My husband told her to please not bother, we were going to sleep. She didn't like this, she wanted to send someone and my husband told her that we had been waiting for 40 minutes, we were tired and going to bed and please do not send someone. She said that the call was cancelled. We get back into bed, turn out the lights and about 30 minutes later someone came to the door. My husband got up, went to the door and there was the guy for the TV!! The guy apologized saying that he did not get a call cancelling our initial call. Whatever. When we checked out, we spoke to someone at the reception desk and their initial reaction was to offer us a free breakfast; we did not want breakfast. They offered us a discount off our next visit; we made it clear that we were not coming back. Finally they reduced the cost of our room.

We found the room itself to be in need of updating. Some of the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling; the mirror had many spots on it; there was mould in the shower; there was no fan in the bathroom, or if there was we could not find the switch; there was no extra blanket for the bed and we had to turn up the temperature in order to keep warm.

We had dinner at The Artist restaurant. The atmosphere was great, the service was very good but the food was mediocre at best.

All in all, we were not happy and will not be returning to this property.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Anubi
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed here as a family. OUr only complaint was if if you are travelling with kids under 19, they can't enter the casino so you have to take a convoluted route to get to the back entrance and not walk through the actual casino. Similarly, the kids can't go in the sections with the hot tub because they would have to access the casino space. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Internet did not work in the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family