“It's no Vegas”

Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Toronto, Canada
“It's no Vegas”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Nothing at all like Vegas, but what can you expect - this is Windsor of all places.

Service - a little slow to check in, but courteous and professional staff. Nothing to rave about, but nothing to complain about either.

Room - large rooms with typical amenities inside that you'd expect from a hotel at this price point.

Casino - nice little casino, but again not as glamorous as Vegas, or Niagara even in my opinion, but still a decent place to play a few games. Not sure about any special rooms with poker or baccarat.

Area - close to the bridge to the US, but aside from that we didn't really venture around the are much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,937)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed in the Augustus (new) Tower. It was beautiful and ridiculously clean (which is super important to me).

The bathroom was a dream. The beds were comfortable.

The casino was a lot of fun. I usually stick to the slots at casinos and they had more slots that I have ever seen at a casino!

The buffet was delicious. Expensive though. I've seen buffets with more to offer for the CAD$30 that Windsor offered; however, it's really convenient to have the buffet right there.

There's a Keg a block away too.

Walking along the pier is a must! It's beautiful and you get to see some of the Detroit water front.

Room Tip: Request the Augustus (new) Tower and a water view room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Valerie1989
Toronto
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The rooms at Caesars Windsor are teriffic. Clean, comfortable and very spacious. Everything was nice and new. Our room had an excellent view of downtown Detroit (wouldn't want to be out walking in Detroit, but seeing it from afar is actually kind of nice).

Check-in was quick and staff were friendly.

We were travelling with small children, so most of the hotel was off limits to us (even the pool is adults only). This was a bit annoying, but makes sense and was not unexpected. We stayed at Caesars not for the casino, but because it's the nicest hotel in Windsor (really, the only nice hotel in Windsor). As an aside, the casino at the hotel is very nice.

The downtown area around the hotel is kind of sketchy, so the best bet is to eat in the hotel (only one restaurant, Taza, allows children, but it happens to be very good).

All in all, if you are in the Windsor area (we were on our way from Chicago to Toronto), Caesars is the place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tadak
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at Caesars Hotel on July 2nd, 2013 as I was flying out of Detroit on the 3rd. I asked for a non-smoking room and the 1st room they put me in smelled of smoke, so I was able to get that changed. The 2nd room was better but I noticed the rooms are starting to get a little tired looking. In the evening when I went to my room to go to bed my deadbolt wasn't working. I stayed at this hotel at Christmas time and also had a issue with the lock on the door (they had to change my room because it wasn't locking at all). I mentioned that my deadbolt wasn't working at time of my checkout but the hotel staff wasn't too concerned. I had to go and catch a flight so I really didn't have time to ask to speak with a a manager. I can only say I won't be going back.

Room Tip: I'll tell you once I get one!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank FortuneSeeker
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent 3 wonderful days at the hotel. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean, the restaurants and casino great. We saw Alice Copper show at the hotel. We visit Pellee Point Park and some wineries in the area. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bete10
Allen Park, Michigan
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spent 2 nights at Caesars Windsor Casino hotel over July 3 & 4th --- even though the big fireworks display was held the previous weekend , we were still treated to gorgeous displays from both sides of the border . We could see the Greenfield Village display & several others from our 11th floor window . It was beautiful & relaxing without having to deal with all the noise & traffic .
Our room was gorgeous , the revised restaurants are great & it feels so safe ---we walked along the riverfront & to the Tunnel BBQ in complete safety & without a care .
Great place for a girls get away !

Room Tip: We were in the Augustus Tower , I prefer the Forum Tower because its closer to the pool & Spa &a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed on the 16th floor and were near the casino when we walked. I used the pool, it was fine. The room was clean and very nice. The staff checked us in promptly and were friendly. It was an enjoyable stay and we were happy with all of the accommodations. It is located in good proximity to everything and is likely the nicest hotel available in Windsor. No real complaints, end of story

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple