“Caesars Hotel and Casino, Windsor, Ontario”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We found it very friendly, it was very much like Vegas, especially the servers and workers attitude, more than friendly and pleasant. However, I did not think too much of the buffett. I should have gone to a restaurant. The rooms were not overpriced, but however, we were off season and that makes a difference. The casino paid good, let you play for a long time, paid off very frequently... we had a very good time. Oh yes and we are seniors who live in Hamilton, Ontario.

Room Tip: We have no preference except we like to be on the highest floor which we were accomodated and facing...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (8,331)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Beautiful facility, and a great venue for the concert I was there for. We had to drag our luggage through the entire casino to get to the check-in desk, because the direct entry into the hotel is at the valet parking. If you choose free self-parking, you have to walk through the entire facility, we got lost a couple times. Not a great start when you are tired from traveling. At check-in, there are no porters, so you will have to haul your own luggage to your room. Gaming area is great, had a great time there. On the second morning, we discovered that disposable coffee cups were not restocked along with the coffee packs near the coffee maker. We had everything to make coffee except cups. Staff at the sports themed lounge were disinterested, our tab had to be redone 3 times to get it right. A gratuity of $2.50 was even added to the bill at the clothing shop in the hotel! Although not within the control of the hotel staff, the fire alarm screaming at 4:30 in the morning was not fun. We will certainly go to concerts there, but will not stay at the hotel.

1  Thank Naomi P
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had a two-night stay at Caesars Windsor early this month (May) on early week nights. Came down on the train from the Toronto area which is convenient but you still need to cab to the casino from the train station ($7-$9 cab). Check in was fast and easy, but since I was in the forum tower I had to lug myself through the casino to the other side. A bit annoying but I didn't have much with me and I'm sure if you had lots of luggage a porter would help. The room was great. Huge bathroom with separate tub and shower. My room had a terrible view out the back but my rate was very cheap so I can't complain and I wasn't in the room much either. Hit the pool one day which was really nice. Huge hot tub. Pool water pretty cold though.

Location of the casino is great. Easy to walk downtown to save money by using 'real' bank machines there, plus the walk along the river is beautiful. One night walked to the keg for dinner. Ate at the buffet for lunch once and it was fine. Casino itself I really liked. Some upgrades happening. Drink service was very good and about what you would expect for prices. Loved how there alyways seemed to be at least one $10 blackjack table so spent most of my time there. But they have $5 craps, which is a great deal too. Slots tight, but that's to be expected. Did witness someone near me win $10,000 on a video keno machine though so it's possible to win big.

Overall, great visit. First time trip and I'll definately be back. Love how it is linked into the whole Caesar's Total Rewards program so for vegas junkies that's a good thing for comps and such.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Nordiques11
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stay one night for a meeting. I as happy I didn't have a room in the Tower. You have to walk through the casino to get to the other side and if you are carrying anything it bcomes very heavy quickly. The room was very nice, large glassed in shower but the shower head was very cheap. They should invest in get a rain shower head or something nicer than plastic. The shower calls for it. Had a lovely time and would stay again. The valet parking is great!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We went to the casino for Valentines Day. It was fun playing all of the different games in the casino and we originally planned on staying at a nearby hotel but figured what the hell, why not just stay here.
Our room was about $200 for the night. It is pricey compared to other hotels but I think it is worth it because it is part of the experience.

Our room was well equipped. The beds were very comfortable; we both slept well. It was nice having a room with a view and being able to see Detroit and the GM building and the river was nice. I can't complain about the hotel at all. We enjoyed it.

I would say if you can swing staying there, do so, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask about a room with a view, it is worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed in a luxury room in the Forum tower last week and enjoyed our stay. The room needed a good dusting and the drawers in the dresser were layered in dust. The room was quiet, the cooling unit was very quiet and had a great view of Detroit and the river traffic.

UPGRADES: The casino gaming floor was in the process of being re-carpeting, there was some noise in the Forum tower (11am-5pm) as they are upgrading the wifi so hopefully soon the whole tower will have wifi. The 5/2/13 Windsor Star had an article stating that a Johnny Rockets was coming to the casino along with a marketplace-style pizzeria Trattoria Uno, also Artist Café was going to be remodeled and a new modern bar next to the casino floor is being planned.

I agree with the poster that the green sofas and ottomans in the Forum tower need to go and hopefully future upgrades will include there removal.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

During my visit to Detroit I thought it would be good for me to visit Caesars Windsor as my primary purpose was to play blackjack. You must have a US passport in order to cross the bridge into ontario (if you are a Detroit resident you can apply for an enhanced drivers license).

If anyone is a black jack player they had $5.00 and $10.00 tables around 11:00 pm for the rest of the night. This is a nice casino (non-smoking) which made it easier for me to play.

I would definetly suggest you to go and visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo