“Free room cost a good night sleep”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Hartford, Connecticut
“Free room cost a good night sleep”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed at the Ceasar's Windsor Casino hotel 3/17/13. Walls are paper thin. At 2 a.m., I awoke to a rhythmic thumping on the wall - must have been the neighbors next door getting busy. At 3 a.m., heard a bunch of 20 somethings run down the hall screaming (playful screaming). At 5:30 a.m., someone turned on the water somewhere and it sounded like someone was in my bathroom.

The ambiance of the room was nice. Pillows are no more than lightly-filled feather sacks with no option of obtaining a firm pillow. They would actually have to pay me to stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bearina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,023)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here on a stopover with my wife and kids. The resort has two towers, make sure you Reserve in the Agustus tower if you have kids as the other rooms you must pass through the Casino Access them therefore you must be 19 to do so.
The rooms are great, excellent views of the Detroit skyline and very room with top notch amenities and bathrooms. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: With Kids Reserve Agustus Tower, without kids go other tower with Detroit skyline view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Metro-Detroit
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I booked two nights (Thursday and Friday) at Caesars Windsor Casino as a surprise for my girlfriend's birthday. The booking was for a "luxury riverview room", which was supposed to face the Detroit skyline. Here is the quote from their website describing their luxury suites..."Our Luxury Room features a postcard view of the Detroit River & city skyline". Keep this quote in mind, as I will revisit this later in my review.

We arrived around 9pm, and valet parking was a breeze. The bell hop then took our bags to check-in, and we were booked in a room on the 17th floor. We were advised that the 17th floor doesn't have wifi (no wifi in a luxury room??), but that most people can grab the signal from the 18th floor, where there was wifi. I figured that if the 18th floor's signal wasn't strong enough to make it to us on the 17th floor, my girlfriend could plug into the dedicated internet line in our room and i could use my 4G connection on my ipad to get the necessary work done. I hesitantly accepted the room, despite my better judgement. Because it was a surprise weekday getaway, my girlfriend and I would both had to do work on Friday, and both would need an internet connection.

We went to our room and were very very pleased with the view. The Detroit skyline looked great from our room. We got settled in, changed, and headed out for the evening to the casino. We had a nice evening, which included a great bartender at the Cosmos Bar. After the night out, we returned to our room and called it a night.

The following morning, Friday, we got up and began doing work. We quickly found out that we did not receive the 18th floor's signal, and we had no cellular signal for the iPad. This was a huge problem because we both had work to do. I immediately called the front desk, and spoke to Sarah, who was very helpful. I asked if we could be moved to a floor with wifi. She first asked if we'd like to be in the other tower, which apparently is the newer of the two towers, and has wifi throughout, but does not have a direct view of the Detroit skyling. I said that we loved our view of the Detroit skyline, and would prefer to stay in the tower we were in. She checked and advised that there would be two rooms opening up on the 18th floor on the "Luxury" side with a view of Detroit's skyline around 11am. She set it up for us, so we left to get lunch and go into downtown Windsor. We returned at around 3pm, and a room was ready for us to move to. It took the bell hop a while to get to our room to help move our bags. I called the bell desk, and I was literally greeted with "he'll be there in a minute"...click. Really? Is that professional?

Approximately 15 minutes later, the bell hop arrived and moved our things to the new room. It was not even close to a "postcard view of the Detroit skyline". It was room 1914 and it faced to the east, with no visible skyline, and only Belle Isle in the distance. At this point, my girlfriend and I did not care about the view, and only wanted to get our work done utilizing the wifi signals, and get on with our night. NO SUCH LUCK...there was no signal. So not only did we lose our nice view of the Detroit skyline, we still had a room without a wifi signal and had to wait over an hour to change rooms.

I called the front desk and spoke to an unknown female front desk associate, who argued with me that it was our devices' problems for not being able to connect to wifi, and she argued with me about the view, saying it met their "luxury riverview" criteria. She then passed me off to a manager Marco (sp?). Marco was completely useless. He too blamed our devices and eventually transferred me to ATT who provides the wifi for the building. I had to give the ATT tech our IP address and wifi connection numbers and she eventually advised that there was a problem with the signal and could not tell me when the signal would be fixed. Are you seriously kidding me at this point? Why am I talking to Caesars Windsor's internet provider? Why isnt Marco, or someone else from the hotel handling this issue? At this point, we had had enough, and we made the decision to check out. I called to speak to Marco a second time, but we was suddenly unavailable.

We were very disappointed, as we gave the staff plenty of chances to redeem themselves. We will not be returning.

Room Tip: If you book a "Luxury Room" with a "postcard view" of the Detroit Skyline, be su...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank wsujohn8
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed in the Augustus Tower. Absolutely awesome room. Asked for a river view and got one. Rooms were clean, well taken care and beds were very comfortable. We like to walk around the city and check out different bars and restaurants. Great location by the river.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have stayed at this Caesar's Hotel before and have always had excellant service. Great food at Legends Sports Bar. Waitresses very helpful and pleasant. The rooms are clean and really ncomfortable. Would highly recommend this to anyone

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bestbell1977
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Visited Caesar's for a one night getaway last week and it was delightful as always. Stayed in the Augustus Tower in a deluxe room with a very nice view of the Detroit River and skyline. They checked us in two hours early-they were not very busy.

My favorite aspect of this property is the unending friendliness and helpful attitude of ALL the staff. Very refreshing. Dined at a "Special Dinner" for birthday clients which was nicely done, including a "BIRTHDAY CAKE", free drinks and a pretty good band. The food was buffet style and was quite good.

Slots were stingy to my wife (as usual) but they have added a few $5 blackjack tables for those of us who are "Low Rollers"! All in all a very nice hotel for a one or two night stay.

Room Tip: Augustus is the newer tower so slightly newer furnishings, etc.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I always look forward to a getaway at Caesar's Windsor. The service oriented staff is one of the reasons. Helpful from the time you check in until you leave. Artist restaurant was a bit pricey but good. Room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Walkerville
Comfort Suites Downtown
Comfort Suites Downtown
#7 of 35 in Windsor
City Centre
Travelodge Hotel Downtown Windsor
MGM Grand Detroit
#3 of 33 in Detroit

Been to Caesars Windsor? Share your experiences!