“Wanted the new tower”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Bought a package of two concert tickets and one night at an event. Went to see Matchbox Twenty tonight and really enjoyed the show. We checked in at the hotel before the concert only to find that all of the onerous pre-arrangements we were put through were for naught. We had requested the new tower but were put in the old tower because they had to accommodate "all the families." Whatever. So we schlepped our bag through the casino, got changed and made the best of it.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BarryFowler
Write a ReviewReviews (8,343)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Windsor casino is a beautiful Hotel/Casino! Friendly staff. Rooms are immaculate. There is a beautiful walk way along the river. On a nice day you can walk for miles. Very scenic. Great place for a day trip or overnight stay.

Room Tip: If you gamble you earn comps toward a room. Ask for river front room/Augustus towers!
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I accompanied my husband on business for a 2 night stay and had a wonderful time. The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms were very large and well appointed. I was alone during the day as my husband was working so ate my breakfast and lunch by myself. Without exception, every staff member I encountered went out of their way to be friendly, helpful and were very professional. I did not use the amenities in the hotel(casino or spa etc) which seemed very nice but it was the staff that made the difference for me. It sounds funny as the hotel is so large and formal, but it almost had a down home friendly atmosphere. Caesars is the hotel for me whenever I am in Windsor.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a great spot to stay if you're in Detroit/Windsor and looking for a little getaway. The rooms have all been redone now I believe, however, the way they redid them for the new Augustus tower was really very beautiful. Room is pretty spacious, very bright. Bathrooms are very clean and of a good size. The bathtub however is VERY small. I'm about 5'5 and an average/slim build and I felt so cramped in it. Rooms are very clean, beds very comfortable and roomy.

The staff are always very friendly and courteous. I've booked the Love package before and the tray they brought up was amazing. Bottle of local white wine, TONNES of cheese, crackers, meat, a fruit platter, some chocolate. It was a great snack to have in the room and we also got a late checkout. Staff have always been great upon check in for me, and check out is quick with a little drop box on your way out - your receipt is slipped under your door in the morning and you're off on your way - SO convenient.

We're not into gambling, however, we do like to eat :) the Casino Buffet has a HUGE variety of foods, generally is very fresh, and if you like buffets you definitely feel like you're getting your money's worth. If you go for about 4:30pm Sunday-Thursday and have a Total Rewards card (Free to join with no obligations) - you'll pay $16 or $18 for the buffet (can't remember which cost but either way you're saving $6-8 per person). The space is huge so you don't feel crowded and we've never had to wait. All of the bar areas are great with friendly service, and the Artist's Cafe (a la carte) has never let me down. We've never dined at Nero's Steakhouse. There's also a spa, gorgeous pool setup, and great fitness facility. Add in a riverfront room and you can't go wrong.

Prices aren't terrible, but if you're a Total Rewards member you get free rooms like mad depending on how much you gamble/stay there. My grandparents are Total Rewards members and at present, they have a free room for 2 nights per week from now until the end of March that can be given to family or friends (the rewards member has to be present for check in however) or used by the member themselves.

I'd recommend this hotel for sure; great staycation or beautiful place to stay for out of towners!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

have been going here since the closing of Windsor raceway,and noticed a big difference,penny machine s are minimum 50 cents now ,winning on these are few and far between,food and drinks are pricey foe people on fixed incomes.A reduction on these ,and better odds at winning would attract more clientel. Penny machines with this minnimum should be listed as 50 cent machines not 1cent.

1  Thank bikergordy
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Since coming to the casino a few months ago, my wife and I have been regularly getting offers and comps for rooms etc. We've since taken them up for a few nights, and every time, it has been great. The staff is exellent, rooms were always clean and we always went for a swim/hot tub...no complaints at all. I even doubled my my money last time there on the slots. We'll keep coming back, and are looking forward to our comped rooms in Cleveland in the summer!!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Caesars's Windsor consists of two hotel towers:

Checkin for both towers is in the lobby of the Augustus tower - if you are booked in the Forum Tower you will need to walk through the casino to get to your room. Caesar's considers the Forum Tower to be their Premium rooms - this is because of the great views of Detroit, and the river, from your room. The pool, and exercise facility, is in this tower. I have found the rooms to be slightly more quiet from this tower. Only the Augustus Tower has WIFI. The rooms in both towers are large, clean, and comfortable. Housekeeping is excellent. The bathrooms are large, with a separate tub, and shower. There is an in-room coffee maker in each room, and a flat screen TV.

There is a good bank of elevators for each tower. The elevators are large, and quick. Checkin can be slow at times, but if you have a players card, and are at the diamond level or higher, this will speed this process up.

The customer service in this hotel is excellent. Every person you see will do their best to make sure your stay is perfect. Your wish is their command.

There is easy access to the casino from both towers.

Legends Sports bar has good food, as do the other restaurants on site. There is a snackbar located on the 2nd. floor, near the box office. They serve soup, sandwiches, pizza, etc.
Also, there are a good variety of restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel.

In the warmer months, if you want a break from the casino, take a pleasant walk along the river. You can walk for several miles with greatviews of Detroit, the river, boats - very relaxing.

This is a great hotel for leisure or business.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends