“expecting more”

Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Harrow Ontario
“expecting more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

have been going here since the closing of Windsor raceway,and noticed a big difference,penny machine s are minimum 50 cents now ,winning on these are few and far between,food and drinks are pricey foe people on fixed incomes.A reduction on these ,and better odds at winning would attract more clientel. Penny machines with this minnimum should be listed as 50 cent machines not 1cent.

1 Thank bikergordy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,735)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Since coming to the casino a few months ago, my wife and I have been regularly getting offers and comps for rooms etc. We've since taken them up for a few nights, and every time, it has been great. The staff is exellent, rooms were always clean and we always went for a swim/hot tub...no complaints at all. I even doubled my my money last time there on the slots. We'll keep coming back, and are looking forward to our comped rooms in Cleveland in the summer!!

Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Caesars's Windsor consists of two hotel towers:

Checkin for both towers is in the lobby of the Augustus tower - if you are booked in the Forum Tower you will need to walk through the casino to get to your room. Caesar's considers the Forum Tower to be their Premium rooms - this is because of the great views of Detroit, and the river, from your room. The pool, and exercise facility, is in this tower. I have found the rooms to be slightly more quiet from this tower. Only the Augustus Tower has WIFI. The rooms in both towers are large, clean, and comfortable. Housekeeping is excellent. The bathrooms are large, with a separate tub, and shower. There is an in-room coffee maker in each room, and a flat screen TV.

There is a good bank of elevators for each tower. The elevators are large, and quick. Checkin can be slow at times, but if you have a players card, and are at the diamond level or higher, this will speed this process up.

The customer service in this hotel is excellent. Every person you see will do their best to make sure your stay is perfect. Your wish is their command.

There is easy access to the casino from both towers.

Legends Sports bar has good food, as do the other restaurants on site. There is a snackbar located on the 2nd. floor, near the box office. They serve soup, sandwiches, pizza, etc.
Also, there are a good variety of restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel.

In the warmer months, if you want a break from the casino, take a pleasant walk along the river. You can walk for several miles with greatviews of Detroit, the river, boats - very relaxing.

This is a great hotel for leisure or business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank H44-12
gman305
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

After looking at all the places to stay in Windsor for a business trip, I ended up choosing Caesars. The hotel is nice, clean and offers modern amenities that you might expect. I used the valet parking (free), which was nice, but of course be prepared to tip. The valet brings your bags in to the bell person, then you check in (tip the valet), next, the bell person takes your bags up to your room (tip again). That's worked out just fine - just a heads up to have a few bucks on hand.

The lobby is nice. The room looks nice, but I found it ok, nothing too special. Ask for Wi-Fi to get into the newer tower (5 years old), otherwise you will be in the older section (which still might be fine). I enjoyed my stay overall. Bed was comfortable.

I did need to use the business center for some printing - this was a disaster. The computers are extremely dated... they are free to use, but they charge for printing. I had to try three computers before finding one that would work and accept a credit card. No one was there to help, though they had an extension to call if you needed help... I called, it said that the number had changed and offered a new extension, I called and it was someone's room... After 45 mins, I finally got it to work, though it printed on the color printer (at a higher cost) - but at least it printed!

Despite the problem with the business center, I would return. Overall I found it a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for Wi-fi in your room. The newer section of the hotel has wi-fi.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
on vacation
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Needing a day away from the family, I was thrilled to see a comped night at Caesars Windsor offered on my Total Rewards card. Just about a 50 minute drive, depending on how long it takes to get through the tunnel and immigration, I like the casino, so decided to take them up on their offer. The average cost for the room on a Friday night was almost $200, so I was thrilled to get any room for free.

At check-in, I was sure they'd send me to the older tower, where I'd stayed before. But after swiping a card for incidentals, they sent me to my room on the 21st floor.

For the 1st time, I was in the Augustus Tower.
I was surprised at the size of the room. It's quite large, with a nice view of the snow covered river and a bit of Detroit. The room had a king bed, quite comfy, with a sofa and ottomon, also comfortable. The TV swivels to the side so you can view the tv from either angle, and the decor is nice with light colors. Considering this was the lowest type room, I was happy to see it was new, clean and comfortable. There was a fridge and a coffee/tea maker, and the bathroom had a tub & separate shower. I was quite happy with the room, with only a few things I'd change.

Negatives: I could NOT cool down the room. After gambling in the overheated casino ( I heard 3 complaints before I had played a half an hour) I thought I could cool down in my room. Not so. There is no way to open the picture window and the AC doesn't work in the winter. As heat rises, by the time it hits the 21st floor, it was awfully difficult to deal with. I slept on top of the sheet with my hair in a pony tail to try to keep cool. I ended up waking very early.

The people next door were LOUD. I mean, I could hear their conversation. And the woman with kids was just letting them run the halls. I thought that was a bit much. And then there was my call to try to get ONE hour late check-out. 11am check-out has always bugged me, but you'd think that when you're up gambling all night, they could make an exception. I don't recall every being denied a late check out. But the lady at the front desk said no way, that since January 1st they've been charging 20 bucks to stay until noon, and $40 to stay till 2pm. For a Starwood Platinum who has always been able to stay late if needed, I was stunned. A casino hotel asking for MONEY to stay an extra hour? How greedy can they get? THAT was the only REAL turn-off.

The casino was nice, as always, but the cards just weren't working. I even found my favorite side bet at Caesar's, a new one to this casino, but Friday early evening the tables were a bit high limit and those that weren't didn't have the good side bet. I lost and won, lost and won, until I was down enough to go to bed. There's always tomorrow, right?

I did stop by the Cafe Artiste for dinner but the menu was different and instead of having homestyle cooking it was mostly meat and Italian. I love Italian, but I wasn't in the mood. It must've just been an off night b/c the pasta I had was not up to their standards. I do think they need a place where people can get all-American grilled cheese or 24 hour Breakfast. That's the part of Vegas I'd love to see in all the other casinos.

I slept off and on, the too-warm room had me wake early, and there's just not enough people in the early morning to get a good table going. I had the worst luck of my life in the morning, and wish I had waited in the room. IF the hotel had granted me the noon check-out, I would've tried a few more hours of sleep and watched a movie and waited until more people arrived for a good blackjack table. But knowing I had to walk very far to go get my stuff, then check-out, it was easier to check-out early & take my chances. I left my stuff with valet, even though I was done before the early morning check-out hit! I knew I could either lay around for 2 hours with nothing on TV, or go play. NOW I wish I'd remembered the spa b/c I sure would've loved to spend some $ for a massage instead of losing it all at blackjack. But, I forgot about it.

So, I was gone from home less than 24 hours. Not a great "weekend off" but the comped night was only for Friday and they were full Saturday. I think next time I do this, it'll be over 2 days. That way I have time for everything. And I will also learn to get up from a bad blackjack table- b/c that was a rough time. Still, I didn't lose anything I couldn't afford to.

Also, the valet service for the car was nice and it didn't take long at all to get my vehicle. The room was great- spacious and clean, and the casino is non-smoking- PERFECTION! I had NO trouble getting my non-smoking room, and other than not getting one hour late check out, the staff was kind and helpful.

Not thrilled with losing, but that comes with the territory. I do hope they got my play recorded as the last few times I've had trouble with that. But the hotel itself is quite nice. I think I'll request the Augustus Tower from now on. And I'll certainly be going back. These comped rooms may not be suites, but they give a person a place to lay their head while working out a gambling schedule. And the rooms are VERY nice, especially for free. I expected the smallest, gunkiest room in the place as I didn't pay for it, but even their lowest type room is classy. Whether it is a tournament or free play, Caesars does it right.

Room Tip: The Augustus Tower is newer.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was thrilled with the Caesars Hotel in Windsor. Our room was beautiful - very clean with all the amenities and with a lovely view over the river and Detroit skyline. There were numerous places to eat and the food was very good. The staff was exceptional and went out of their way to ensure that our stay was enjoyable. I can't wait to return!!

Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Room was clean and a great size. Check in was quick and easy. The front desk was helpful and took the time to explain the different restaurants and where every thing was. Had a nice view of the river. Got a good rate. would definitely stay again. Stayed on the 22nd floor.

Room Tip: The ambassador tower has wireless internet, the original tower does not.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Comfort Inn Windsor
#8 of 35 in Windsor
MGM Grand Detroit
#3 of 33 in Detroit
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,057 reviews

Been to Caesars Windsor? Share your experiences!