“Absolutely Perfect!”

Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

My boyfriend booked a Junior Suite for us in the new tower and the room and staff exceeded all expectations! The rooms were very clean and spacious. A little bit pricey, but, you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Book a room in the new tower, all of the rooms are renovated!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,732)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

This place is huge! From what we could make out it is two hotel complexes connected by the casino. It is marked with signs once you get off of the 401. Because this is a casino they do check I.D.(as we found out as we were wandering around looking for the registration desk which was in the other building-very confusing, got lost twice.) The hotel is located on the waterfront facing Detroit. We went to the self-park parking lot because I didn’t want the hassle or expense of valet parking which we found out is free. The free self-park parking garage was large and because we were in the tower, it was easy to get back and forth to the car. The room was at the end of the hallway and we had to go through a secure door to get to our room which meant that we heard absolutely no hallway noise which was lovely. The room itself had a king size bed, tv, desk, internet, large bathroom with a bathtub and glassed in shower. It had coffee making facilities. We did not hear road noise or casino noise from our room. I rate the toiletries as 2.5/5 but the linens were nice. The room had a hair dryer and if you tend to get cold in the bathroom you could turn on the heat lamp for added warmth. There are two restaurants open for breakfast but room service is also available. The people working in the casino were extremely nice. The casino is a great place for entertainment and is very eye catching and we had fun with our $25. We would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the elevators. There is a main hallway from the elevators that then branches...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ontario, canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

Spent one night at Caesar's Windsor Hotel beginning of May. Was there for a business meeting and thought it would be a nicer choice vs. the Hilton or other nearby hotels as it was listed as the only 4 star on expedia. It was a reasonable place to stay as far as hotel accomodations go but it certainly wasn't anything compared to the Casear's properties or casinos in Vegas. There isn't much in terms of service - the staff seemed pretty disinterested and seemed to assume I should know how to navigate around the hotel and casino. The room I rec'd was a king room with a view in the Forum Tower but the stained carpeting and chair were a bit disappointing and although it had a river view, most of the view was of the crummy parking lots that border the hotel. Although the casino and hotel looked empty (if you can believe it I never saw another hotel guest the whole time I was there) the customer service was pretty well non-existent. I called the spa to book a massage but was told their only registered massage therapist was booked solid but I could have an esthetician instead. I then inquired about the different types of facials but the person on the phone read to me over the phone what I had just read in the spa brochure. I decided to pass on it. I had to call room service twice before they answered the phone and when they did the first thing they told me was that it would be at least 45 min before they could get my order to me. When I checked in they did ask if I wanted a rewards card, at first I said no but she told me there was always some kind of free gift (usually $10 of free slot play) so I said yes. As I took my key I was expecting the card but the front desk person just looked blankly at me an dsaid I had to go to the rewards counter in the casino to get it. When I went there an hour later they did sign me up, give me a card and when I asked about the free gift, they said it would take 2 weeks for the $10 to appear on my card, and that it would expire in 6 months. Oh well, at least I got a lanyard for my trouble. Overall, it was fine, no complaints about the value of the hotel ((the room was $109, valet parking was free) but I think they missed the boat in terms of customer service and creating some of the Ceasar's experience for their guests.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Granger, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel for years, and travel to windsor often..

but if my family comes with me, we cannot stay here because the kids cannot make it to the pool, due to being too young to walk through the casino..

this hotel doubled their size, and when they did, the main lobby had moved to the other side of the casino, and pool stayed in the old tower.. so now its impossible..

otherwise, the rooms are very nice, the sports bar, good variety of food..

nice valet parking, lobby is enormouse once you figure out how to get there..

Room Tip: ask to stay in the new tower, rooms are a bit nicer, newer..
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

This is an excellent hotel. The customer service here goes above and beyond. It didn't matter if we were speaking to the people at valet, reception, room service, cleaning staff - everyone was polite and professional and really friendly. We were made to feel special here. The room was exactly as we had expected. My only complaint, is that this is not a hotel for families. This was not shared with us prior to booking, despite the staff knowing that we were booking with 2 children. The children are not allowed anywhere in the hotel, except the room. The pool, restaurants, everything else is beyond the casino wings. So, children were not permitted. We were in town for a family function, and certainly would have chosen a different hotel, had we been told in advance. But, if you don't have kids, this is the place to be!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank TheAdvisingYogini
cleveland ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

If you want a few days' escape from the real world, try Caesar's Windsor. Spending 3 days/2 nights recently was a great decision. Employees delivered service with a smile and were gracious and accomodating. We couldn't have asked for better hospitality. Food was great, especially all the buffet choices. Thank you for the Spring Break!

Room Tip: Augustus Tower is newer; ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

The staff of this hotel aim to please. They are polite, friendly, and go the extra distance to address any/all of your needs.

We were upgraded to a suite, due to a late check-in after a full house - what a treat! That was magnificent. We truly felt like we were on vacation, and we just live across the river!

My only disappointment was that there wasn't a little "breakfast restaurant" where you could go and just get a cup of coffee, a couple of eggs and bacaon. We loved the Market Buffet for dinner, but didn't want to spend that much for a breakfast, and the only option we saw was a deli and a Starbucks. We took a walk to another restaurant. Which was nice, actually.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Comfort Inn Windsor
#8 of 35 in Windsor
MGM Grand Detroit
#3 of 33 in Detroit
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,057 reviews

Been to Caesars Windsor? Share your experiences!