“Lush!”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Amazing hotel. Rooms are beautiful, spacious and comfortable; staff are polite and friendly; and restaurants and room service are great.

Worth every penny! Right downtown with great views of the Detroit skyline.

• Stayed: December 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (8,148)

Reviewed December 30, 2011

We've stayed at Caesars Windsor quite a few times. The rooms are nicely decorated, clean and comfortable, but as another reviewer noted, the plastic cups are cheap and tacky--just a little detail, but it is noticed. Check-in was smooth and easy, and views of the river are pretty. Overall, our stay was very nice and we really enjoy the casino; now if only we could make travel across the border a little less irritating . . . random search. ugh

Room Tip: Try the Forum Tower for closer location to casino and pool. There's quite a distance between roo...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I had a Forum room. It was a smoking room and it was very clean. When I first walked in I thought they had given me a non smoking room by mistake because it had no smell. The bathroom had a separate shower and tub. The room was equipped with a mini fridge and a coffee maker, as well as the other amenities you would expect of a hotel. The room and the staff was the good part of my stay.
The bad was the internet they offered wireless in some rooms and wired in others. I had a wired connection and had no way to hook it up to my netbook. They do offer a hotspot on the ground floor, for internet and it met my needs.
The food was also on the bad side. I tried the buffet first. For around $20 I would hope to find something that tasted good. I made several trips trying different items and nothing tasted good. Also the mix of items was a little odd. They had several stations offering different styles of cooking but all in all I was very disappointed.
The drink prices were what you'd expect at a casino, I paid $5 for mixed drink.
I tried the Sports bar for my next meal. I had a craving for chicken tenders, a very basic item and found that they did not offer them. Most of the menu items offered cheese on them, food that shouldn't have cheese on it. I ordered a BBQ beef sandwich and asked them to hold the cheese, it came with cheese anyway.
The slot machines were a little tight and the casino floor is laid out so you think its bigger than it is. Being a smoker I wish there were more outside access for this.
Also parking and getting to you room and be little pain. The parking garage and the check in desk are a good distance away from each other and involves carrying your luggage through the casino which I didn't like.
The parking is free which is good.
I had to make a few trips to my car during my stay to check on it and to get other items. Security stopped me several times to inquire as to what I was doing. I'm happy that they are there doing their jobs but I found it a little irritating being stopped by them. It as if the idea of someone staying at the hotel was foreign concept and someone coming a going must be up to no good.
The staff other than security was extremely friendly and I will be staying there again in the future. When you look at the other hotels staying the casino just for the free parking makes up for the price difference between them.

Room Tip: If you need a wireless connection request it when you reserve the room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We stayed in a deluxe room in the forum tower last saturday night and it was clean and comfy as always. We live outside the city of windsor and when we come into the city for dinners or party's we try to stay downtown to avoid the drive home.

I booked the room that afternoon and we are only gold car holders but always get a great rate (usually half what the posted room rates are) and the staff at check in are always very friendly and helpful.

This was our first forum tower stay and although very similar to the augustus tower, the location is sooo much better. Much easier access to everything the casino has to offer.

We have already booked another return stay for next weekend :)

Room Tip: augustus tower is newer, higher ceilings etc but forum tower is easier to come and go from
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We’ve stayed here and reviewed this property before but noticed a few little things this time to add to the reviews.

We received a comp night for the first time after racking up some points in Vegas, so we decided to take advance of it on a Wednesday. You can no longer select which tower you want on the website. I indicated I needed wifi when I booked the reservation. I was very pleased to discover internet is free now in the rooms and throughout the casino for hotel guests.

At check-in we were given a room in the Augustus tower. We asked for the Forum tower instead to be close to the pool but the clerk said there was no wifi there. That doesn’t seem plausible to me but we took the Augustus. We’d booked a premium room online but couldn’t tell what the difference was between that and a deluxe room. The descriptions were the same. We were on the 19th floor with a partial view of the river, facing the Ambassador bridge. The room was very nice and clean.

Our biggest issue with the room was the plastic cups offered instead of glasses in the bathroom and room. We wanted to have a cocktail in the room and expected to have a glass to put it in. It seems like a small thing but it was a huge disappointment. I didn’t sleep well in the room. It was dry and the pillows were not comfortable for me, but I’ve slept well here before so I don’t think it was an issue with the hotel itself.

We’d requested the Forum tower to be close to the pool, and it is a very inconvenient hike from the Augustus tower. We gambled a little on the way to the pool, but would have spent more if we didn’t have to walk all the way back to the room to change.

I love the pool in this hotel. It has a great view of the river and Detroit skyline, it is heated to a comfortable temperature and the change rooms are wonderful. Also it is open until midnight. We swam for a while at night and again in the morning, even though the long walk to and from the pool made us a little late for checkout.

We ate at Legends sports bar and had a very good meal (burgers, salads). Their drink and beer selection isn’t great but the food is better than in the café restaurants. The prices were very reasonable. There’s also a new little bar near the entrance to the Augustus tower, where we grabbed a drink for gambling. Prices were also reasonable there.

We had a good time at the slots and appreciate them bringing in new games often. Overall it was a great stay, especially since there was no charge for the room. All the staff we encountered, except at check-in, were very friendly and the pool alone is worth the trip. We’ll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Forum tower is close to the pool but may not have wifi available
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cuteontariocouple
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Stayed in November for a conference; took in a show (Straight No Chaser - excellent!), ate at some of the restaurants, gambled a bit, used the pool and gym....a bit of everything.

First, the rooms were beautiful - everything was clean, new feeling, very nice. Was on the 8th floor, overlooking the water - so I really couldn't complain about anything.

The fitness centre and pool area was nice as well. The change rooms were clean and spacious. The pool and hot tub were just ok - better than your typical hotel set up, but not as nice as some other casino resorts I've been to. Only complaint here was that it was an exceptionally long walk from the part of the hotel I was in, through the casino, to the other hotel area where the pool/gym was. As I was at a conference that was on a busy tight schedule, it took up a lot of extra time, and was a bit of a hassle.

Drinks and entertainment at Cosmos - very fun; good drinks, great band, very good prices.

Theatre - saw Straight No Chaser - great theatre and acoustics, seating seemed good no matter where you were.

Conference facilities - very good set up, lots of room - only complaint was the location of washrooms was a ridiculous distance from the conference rooms. Food, however, was always top notch, everything else was great.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for a conference and had a great experience. The hotel is located on the Detriot River and is within walking distance to anything you would need. Staff throughout the hotel were great. Excellentclean room.

Our only complaint was that you had to pay for your wifi in your room ($ 15/day). Considering you can get free wifi in any of the discount hotels, this doesn't make sense.

Other than the wifi, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business