Caesars Windsor
$105
$66
$81
8,569 results
All reviewsforum towerslot machinesgreat casinogaming floorjohnny rocketshotel and casinoartist cafetable gamestotal rewardsgreat entertainmentmarket buffetnon smoking casinoget awayexchange ratevalet parkingmini vacationsports bar
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We stayed over night and when I first saw the room I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was and very clean. The bed was sooo comfortable. The buffet was plentiful, the sushi was poor, in my opinion, desserts were great!! Only one thing to complain about, and that is the sharks in the poker room. Played in a tourney and all the players know each other, they know the dealers etc. They obviously go there everyday, if you aren't a seasoned poker player stay away from there! I could hardly understand what the dealers were saying, and they are very fast, it's just not fun like Vegas, it's more business like. I did ok, even tho one of the regulars tried to bully me right from the start, Not cool, he got his tho!! Lol, Slots seemed tight, but we had alot of fun, I totally recommend the hotel !!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I don't know where to start about how upset we were at our recent stay...First we waited almost an hour at The Legends Restaurant for a Sandwich at 9pm...there were only about five other people in the place at the time and we thought this is really ridiculous...our server could barely speak English...and never even apologized for the long wait...our room was very dimly lit...could hardly see to apply make-up in the bathroom. It could use some updating as well...There was a bottle of water on the table near the coffee maker...I used it thinking that it was complimentary...I was wrong...it had a very small sign near the water that stated the water cost $8 a bottle!
We felt that the walk was too far from the parking garage to check-in...and too far from our room as well.
The slots were very tight...and we feel that they need to add some machines that play the exact denomination and not multiples of the denomination.
I will say that the room was clean...but unless we get a comp we will not be staying again anytime soon.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RustysmomToledo
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I've stayed here twice: once for pleasure visiting Windsor for family (we all were very impressed), and more recently, about a week ago while visiting on business. The location is great for downtown Windsor and the rooms are classy. I'm not much of a gambler so I can't comment on the casinofacilities, but we had a great time heading out from Ceasars to some of the restaurants and pubs nearby.

There are two gotchas I encountered I need to mention.

First, I arrived at quarter to midnight, and was informed that my room was not ready yet. This was resolved within 20 minutes, but I was a little surprised that this could happen after arriving so late in the day.

Second, although it didn't bother us when we were travelling for pleasure, access to Internet from anywhere in the building costs $15/day, which seemed a little outrageous for business travel.

But the venue itself is great and if you're looking for a good place to stay in Windsor, my colleagues and I (and my relatives, on our first trip) all found this a great choice.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2011

My husband and I spent one nite here for our third wedding anniversary, wow what a great nite!! We arrived and checked into a room and we were very pleasantly surprised, IMMACULATE, SPACIOUS, UPDATED, AND WONDERFUL BEDS!!! We had a turn down service included in our stay that included robes and chocolates and fresh ice brought to our room, the attendant wished us a happy anniversary, you dont find that too often...we ordered room service for dinner and breakfast, and both times it was delicous and hot and plenty of food...Ceasars Windsor knows how to treat people to make them come back, and let me say, we are already palnning another nite!!! Cant wait to go back, and thankyou Ceasars Staff for a very memorable stay!!!! PS..we won 300 bucks on slots which was the icing on the anniversary cake!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Based on the cost of my room, and the experience I had, I rate this hotel as poor.

The good - All staff we encountered were very professional. The room itself was very nice. Refrigerator in the room was very convenient. Absolutely loved the bathroom, except for that the shower needs a light because it's quite dark in there. The pool/exercise areas looked wonderful, with views of the riverfront. The room itself was very quiet. Since my room was in the same tower as the pool/exercise area, access to it was very convenient.

The bad -

The worst thing was the fact that people could not get through on the telephone to me. Friends/family waited from 5-45 minutes on hold, in order to ask to be put through to my room. This was a HUGE inconvenience, and meant I was waiting around the room for calls, or gave up, left the room, and missed calls.

When we got there the bathroom lacked any shampoo/shower gel. I called down and requested some and was told some would be sent up immediately. When the very pleasant staff member appeared at my door shortly afterwards, they had more bar soap, not what I had requested. Not acceptable for 2 reasons. First, stock the room properly in the first place. Second, a simple request was not satisfied.

The room was at the opposite end of the casino from the front desk. A very long walk with luggage to check out, or drop by with a request (in person since telephone requests were ineptly handled). Also, since I was traveling with someone with a disability, it was much more of an issue.

Things I knew before hand, but which make me rate this hotel as poor based on price paid - no free wifi (basic at even most 2 star hotels now) - no free breakfast of any sort (again, free at many lower star hotels). There are other downtown hotels that are better located for walking to area restaurants/stores.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family