“Breakfast at Twisted Apron”
Review of The Twisted Apron

The Twisted Apron
Ranked #14 of 825 Restaurants in Windsor
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A quaint place to have a nice breakfast in Windsor. The spices used in the simplest of things, like the potatoes... Nicely done. Still trying to find a place that uses egg poachers instead of vinegar in water... Oh well. The meat portions were HUGE, like a wedge of back bacon! The home made sausage? Delicious... Overall, well done! I'd go back.

1  Thank Michael B

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I LOVE the food here. It's amazing. And I would go a lot more often if I could afford to spend $50 on breakfast. Now, I did have lobster benedict and the in-house made sausage, a cappuccino, plus the same for my boyfriend. But even regular lunch/dinner is a bit out of my day-to-day price range. That's my only complaint.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've eaten at thousands of dining establishments on the road over the years. This is one of best. Great service and great food. Recommended by the employees over at the Hiram Walker plant. Now I know why its so popular.

Kate R, Owner at The Twisted Apron, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a great review & thanks to the Hiram Walker employees for the referral. Hope we see you again next time you are in the Windsor area. We just added a few great things to our menu for your next visit.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Menu promises great things as it has many twists on ordinary food items - eg. Grilled cheese sandwich. Food so interesting and tasty. Service great. Went there two years ago just after it opened so was keen to go back. Sure was not disappointed. Will return.

Kate R, Owner at The Twisted Apron, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write something positive. Glad to see you enjoyed, hope to see you again when visiting Windsor.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I were driving back from Detroit and decided to stop by here for breakfast after seeing the menu online.

The restaurant is beautifully decorated and that the servers wear aprons! Their slogan: It's like eating at mom's...if mom were a kickin' gourmet chef, is bang on!

I ordered the Breakfast sandwich which had thick-cut peameal bacon (so perfectly cooked that it was tender, not tough), creamy brie cheese and a perfectly cooked egg! All of the ingredients worked really well together, because everything was balanced nicely. The sandwich came with a side of hash browns. Now I normally could take or leave breakfast potatoes. I rarely find any that are any good. Well, I cleaned my plate! These hash browns are so nicely seasoned that I had to eat all! They were a great accompaniment.

My husband order the buttermilk pancakes with fresh strawberry compote and homemade sausage. HOMEMADE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can think of very few restaurants who make their own sausage. Definitely recommend ordering it!!

If you are in a rush, be aware that they are making everything from scratch and so you have to understand that it will take a little longer for your food to be served.

Next time we are in the area we are definitely stopping by!

1  Thank Food_Adventurer77