“excellent”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

local, fresh, tasty.
only cons-sat next to the door which was freezing cold and there is always a long wait.

1  Thank Laura C
There are newer reviews for The Twisted Apron

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Have been there before and enjoyed meals although there is always a long wait (they do warn of the wait on the menu). Our most recent meal was a fiasco. There was definitely not enough wait staff for the full restaurant and our server was abrupt and impatient. Prior to placing my order I inquired if they had gluten free buns to accompany the burger...she said yes. Placed my order stipulating no condiments on burger and gluten free bun-again-to remind her of the importance. My burger came to table the same time as my husband's burger. The buns looked identical. I asked the server if she was certain my bun was gluten free, her response to this important question was "SHOULD BE" and walked away. We couldn't believe it. We waited to get her attention and called her back to the table. She informed us that she went to the kitchen (but never said she was doing that) and indeed it was NOT a GF bun. She took it back and I waited, and waited and waited. It finally came back with GF sliced bread (not a bun as I had inquired about) AND all the condiments were now on it. By this time my family could not wait for me to get my food as their food was getting cold and again I waited and waited for them to get the condiments off the burger. The free dessert she offered did not make up for the food inconvenience and aloof attitude she had. It was a disappointing dinner experience and it has TOTALLY TURNED US OFF the restaurant...even though we have enjoyed the food on numerous occasions.

5  Thank MFenos
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Border guard recommended Twisted Apron as we crossed from Detroit--starved tourists looking for a quick bite enroute to train. WOW!!!!! Best omelet and jams I've ever tasted. Service was awesome. Can't say enough good things.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I enjoyed the atmosphere, service and the food at this lovely restaurant. The vegan burger was really tasty.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The food is always great and love the service. I have breakfast here when I can just for the wonderful variations on the oatmeal! Be cognizant of the wait time - but it is always well worth it!! One of the best vegan options (the burger) for my very picky vegan daughter!