“Indian Food 2 Die 4”

Neighborhood: University
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
“Indian Food 2 Die 4”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Great food, great prices, friendly service. Decor is non-existent, but you don't eat decor! I'm looking forward to working my way through the menu. Yum!

1 Thank shellhornj

Windsor
“Finally! Awesome Indian Food, dirt cheap prices....in Windsor!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

I love Indian food. Not out of a package, but real, slow cooked, home made, fragrantly spiced, authentic herbs and spices, freshly made Indian food. Someone has to do a lot of work to make these dishes, and you can tell when you taste them!
It's near the University of Windsor, a tiny "hole-in-the-wall", so the prices are great for students. The spice level is custom, just tell them if you want it anywhere "1 to 10". My comfort zone goes up to about 8 or 9, but friends I have brought here were afraid of it being "too spicy", now they come every week, sometimes more than once! That's what good Indian food does, it converts you. You crave it, you have to have it, again. Now I want some writing about it....
So yeah I love Indian food.
About the food:
I have had the Samosas, small and crisp, nice starters. The Naan is good, the rice is fragrant and good. Freshly made raita if you ask for it. Butter chicken is a must have. The Beef Vindaloo is really good, as is the Lahori Chicken Masala. So is the Lamb Biryani. I have had a few more too. I 'm addicted, and so are all the people I have brought in.
Bring some friends, order all different dishes at your spice levels, and then share. You'll be glad you did.
The service is typical of a small intimate setting, there are no waiters running around. The decor is in progress, since this place is only about 2 months old.
Totally worth trying to find it!

• Visited December 2011