“Yummy chicken and more...”
Review of Monaco Middle Eastern Cuisine - CLOSED

Monaco Middle Eastern Cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We took advantage of the Groupon offer and visited Monaco Restaurant yesterday at 5 pm.
Upon entrance we were promptly seated /we made a reservation/ by our waitress - Shannon.
Restaurant is small but has "character": ambiance and soft lightning. Very pleasant inside.

We ordered two entrees: chicken tawook plate and garlic oregano chicken /17$ and 18$ respectively/. The plates were proceeded by two small fatoush salads with warm pita bread.
My husband is not a fan of Lebanese cuisine, but he was raving about his chicken tawook plate. Large chunks of meat, grilled to perfection, full of flavor; fried /but not greasy/ potatoe slices, lots of grilled veggies. Oh, and that garlic dip on the side - very garlicky and lemony- sour - wonderful fusion of flavors...

My entree was also generously portioned with herbed rice and excellent sauce.

By the time we were done with our dinner - the restaurant was almost full with families, couples or "solo" diners.

We will come back for sure...

3  Thank Zabbba

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a hidden gem in Windsor...and I mean hidden. It's tucked away behind the Taco Bell and so you have to pay attention. I've been to a number of middle eastern restaurants in Windsor and Essex County and this is one of my new favourites. No shawarma here - just wonderfull kebabas, seafood, and vegetarian dishes with an eye to quality and freshness. Due to a family emergency there was only one waitress on and the restaurant was full. We were made aware when we arrived that there could be slower service. Even so, we never felt neglected and the waitress was very attentive. Food was very flavorrful and well presented. Portions were large, and the prices are reasonable. All in all, I enjoyed the experience and will certainly be back to try everything they have to offer.

3  Thank KingsvilleTourist
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We went to this restaurant because another local Mediterranean resto (Taza) decided not to do take-out on Thursday nights (their loss). We have officially changed our go-to take-out place! The chicken and beef kebabs were amazing....done medium, just as we liked and gigantic. The fattoush dressing was lovely, but I would have liked to have seen more tomatoes and cucumber rather than so much lettuce. That was the only disappointment. Their grilled veggies were flavourful and not over-cooked and the hummus was creamy and plentiful. I love garlic sauce and theirs is fantastic.The service--though we ordered take-out--was great: on-time, pleasant and professional. We will definitely be back.

3  Thank Momnipresent
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

It was ok not really impressed... Went on a Friday when they had belly dancing she was good but hard to have a conversation bc music is so loud... The thing that really grinds my gears is when you ask to make a simple substitution and the chef says no .... Not everyone likes baba ganouj... Just wanted a different dip .... We're in a economy now that restaurants really thrive on customers and need customers who are loyal to come back. To me not allowing the substitution shows me that there is no care for the customer considering they are willing to pay extra for anything else. The acidity of the food was burning thru my stomach by the end of the night... And the next day .... It was alright nothing special ...

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Had a great time celebrating a friend's birthday. The food was amazing, generous portions, the entertainment was fun, and everything was reasonably priced.

6  Thank shellhornj