“Oh Mama...The Veal!!!”

La Contessa Ristorante
Ranked #26 of 780 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Every dish is made to order and prepared with only the finest and freshest ingredients. Check out our menu to see which dishes are Chef Joanna's favourite. From appetizers to entrees, she has it all picked out for your enjoyment. A little about the Chef/Owner: Chef Joanna has been at La Contessa for the last 9 years, recently becoming full owner. Joanna strives to put forth the love she has for cooking into every single dish she creates. Joanna comes from a family that loves to cook and eat. Her passion for cooking and finding joy in making others happy paved the path for her natural found talent.
“Oh Mama...The Veal!!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Very accommodating, good service and the food was excellent. I'd recommend this restaurant to friends and family

Windsor, Canada
“Excellent Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

In my opinion this is one of the best Italian restaurants on Erie street. The wait staff is terrific. They are always very good and extremely friendly. Portion sizes are generous, plus all meals come with fresh baked bread and soup or salad so you definitely do not leave hungry. Prices are reasonable especially considering some of the other restaurants in the area. My wife and I had two meals, glass of wine each, and a specialty coffee each, and after tax and tip it was $90.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank 282mikeh
Pickering, Canada
“My kind of Italian food!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a great place to eat. It is in such a beautiful, quaint part of Windsor. The food was terrific! it was also very beautiful and clean. They have a gorgeous section of the restaurant that can be closed off for private parties which I thought was very neat. The servers were very thorough and pleasant. I would certainly recommend giving this place a try while in Windsor!

• Visited October 2013
“Food wonderful, service not so wonderful!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived with our guests and were seated immediately without reservations. Our waiter was attentive and personable but it took our food about an hour to arrive to our table. Maybe this works with those having drinks and appetizers, but that is not our style. No complaints about the food. We all felt it was one of the best Italian food we had eatten in a long time. We will definitely consider returning as long as we have enough time to enjoy the experience.

• Visited July 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“A Nice Find”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant when we couldn't get reservations at another place. Our good fortune, I might add. Very clean and modern. I noticed one of the waiters polishing the wine glasses. A clue to me that the restaurant places a premium on doing things right.
I really enjoyed the fresh bread and the prices are very reasonable. I had the veal crema which was done right and very thin sliced. My wife had the chicken marsala that was excellent, too. If you go to their website, they have a 3D view of the rooms. We will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2013