“Spruce wood”

Grill 55
Ranked #143 of 773 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Spruce wood”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I am not sure what has happen to this place as a chef myself I loved this place Steve was creating a great place but now he is gone like manny places it has gone to pot as far as I am concerned there is no excuse for food being served cold and can I repeat no excuse how does that happen at 30 a plate it's not asking to much for hot food

Detroit, Michigan
“New management creates cool place”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Nice filet mignon or mixed steak grill offered up with choice of parisienne or mashed including vegetables for $30. So why the single bullet? Simply put -- EVERYTHING WAS COLD -- obliging a couple of regulars to be re-served separately like two anonymous singles. Adding insult to incompetence check was dropped (thrown?) onto table without check holder (by another server not our original one). And we thought only the food was cold.

• Visited December 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Coin Toss”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is within the Holiday Inn on Huron Church Road.

It has gone through a few different incarnations over the years but one thing that is constant is they never really seem to get things quite right. The latest version of this restaurant is one of a higher end type menu. This is not a hot turkey sandwich and fries diner.

On any given day you can get a great meal delivered by painfully slow wait staff, or, you can have the Waitress of the Year attending your table and get a terrible meal.

In my opinion the breakfast menu is the highlight of their offerings.

I'm sitting on the fence. I guess what I am saying is it's a coin toss. You never know what you're going to get when you walk in.

• Visited December 2013
Windsor, ON
“Good place to eat and hang out”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I came here twice, once in December 2012 and again in April 2013, both for dinner.
The second time reservations were made, and the staff held their promise (I cannot tell you how many times we do this and many places just don't care!)
The place is so BEAUTIFUL. The style is very modern and it is also clean. Both times I went it wasn't full but it wasn't empty. Perfect.
It's located at the bottom of the Holiday Inn, also near the bridge, which makes it a good spot for people who are travelling.
The only complaint I have is that it was freezing. I know we sat near a window, but there should still be heating available? We asked twice for them to change it and they did. This shows their attentiveness to details.
The price is upper-normal price, because it is a more upscale place, and the food is VERY good. I believe I ordered pasta alfredo with seafood or something like that. Everything was served at a good pace. I was very full after and had food left over, so you do get your bang for your buck.
I also like the atmosphere. Dim, but not like other places that you can't see what you're eating. 2 walls are completely windows so you do get a nice view. The bathrooms are nice looking and clean as well.
The waitresses were good, professional and nice, considering the last time I went we had to split the bill in a complicated way but they came through.
Overall, I would come again, and I would definitely recommend it to other people.

• Visited April 2013
California
“Not Your Normal Holiday Inn Restaurant”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. Furniture a little plain, food was good and plentiful. It is attached to a Holiday Inn, and they serve the hotel breakfast for them, but it is a separate business run by Sodexho.

Visited December 2013