“restuarant was so so”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

recently I stayed overnight and dined at the Grill 55 for dinner and breakfast the next morning. I was very glad to see a restaurant attached to the hotel, as that is so convenient. The food wasn't bad, but not what I would call outstanding. I first had their onion soup, which was nicely presented but even though the broth was tasty, it seemed a little oily to me. I do love the presentation of their onion soup though, with the onion strings sticking out. Half way through my soup, the waitress brought my main meal, which was the coated fish. I had to rush through my soup so my main dish wouldn't get cold. I found the coating on the fish very bland, almost tasteless. When I went for breakfast the next morning I ordered the western skillet and asked for them to put mushrooms in the skillet (it does not come with mushrooms) and when it arrived, they forgot the mushrooms. When mentioned to the waitress she did go back and bring me some mushrooms. As well, I found a little too much potato in the skillet, otherwise it was very good. The waitress at breakfast was not very friendly or patient and seemed to be getting annoyed at me and rush me when I couldn't decide what to order and asked a couple of questions about the menu.

Thank meehan.ja

Reviewed August 6, 2013

we have stayed at the holiday inn on huron church road several times now. we don't normally frequent hotel restaurants since they don't tend to be overly interesting however since we were quite tired we went to grill 55 in the hotel. we were quite pleased.
we particularly like the Canadian burger which is quite a meal. now for $16 you'd expect something good and it is. I've paid double that in Toronto hotels and been not nearly as satisfied.
we've taken to this place not just for dinners but for breakfast as well. clean, attractive and good food for a reasonable price. we have been back several times now and it will be on our list for next time as well.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We are from Toronto, and not to sound all big-cityish, but we did not hold out huge hopes for a restaurant in a hotel in Windsor, no offense intended. We were staying at the Hampton Inn and this restaurant is in the Holiday Inn across the street. Guess what? It was really, really good! Drinks and wine list were solid. A wide selection of food choices, all wonderfully prepared and nicely served. It was a great surprise to have a really good meal when we expected mediocrity :)
And thanks, Jade, for great service!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I usually try to avoid hotel restaurants, but had a very good meal while staying at the Holiday Inn and Suites. Prompt, friendly wait staff.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

While finding the dinner and appetizer prices a little higher then I was willing to pay, I enjoyed the breakfast value and found it very tastey.The staff during the evening and morning were both great, and probably be enough to encourage me to revisit this restaurant and bar again.