“Food great, coffee terrible”
Review of Grill 55

Grill 55
Ranked #181 of 781 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Sombra, Canada
“Food great, coffee terrible”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

For dinner I requested a cup of decaf. I think it was instant Sanka. Did not say anything. For breakfast wanted a really good cup of coffee. It was very very weak. When I mentioned this to the waitress she said that their coffee maker is calibrated by an outside company. The restaurant has no control over the coffee. She apologized brought me expresso and it was better but still very poor quality. Definitely not from quality coffee beans like Arabica. Surely Grill 55 can invest in and choose a decent coffee maker from all the different types available in the market today. Next time bringing my own mug!!!

Visited April 2013

Ontario, Canada
“Nice since the renovations”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great Reno.....much better atmoshere. Good Staff. Good food/menu. Since attached to the HI you can bill the restaurant bill to your Holiday Inn bill for the PCR points. Good option for meals if you stay across the street at the Hampton Inn. Lots of Parking

Visited January 2013
3 Thank TM643
Canada
“Great Food”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Very good food. Everything looked and tasted great. A little pricey but you do get what you pay for.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Axeman58
“An 11 out of 10!! All around a wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

My family and I were in Grill 55 last weekend for a repeat visit, we really do love this place!! I do not usually post comments on tripadvisor but I felt obligated to after reading these nasty comments posted from this past weekend. The restaurant was packed, and I mean packed!! Apparently some gymnastics competition was in during the weekend but we wanted to eat there anyways. We got in about 7:30 pm and were sat in a very adequate time. Our server was obviously very busy but still made the time to greet us and get us something to drink while we waited and looked at our menus, we were even brought bread and butter by another server!! When she took our orders she informed us that our food might take longer than usual due to how busy it was and we were fine with that. Our food was brought out in a suprising time for us, about half an hour and was still the same amazing quality that we are always used to, we were quite impressed!! Once again all the staff at Grill 55 have done a wonderful job and we will deffinetly be coming back again, thank you so much :)

On a side note I wanted to clarify something in case some of you took seriously to the nasty comments below. This party was quite rude and extremely impatient, especially to the servers who took the time to check up on them frequently and assure them their food would be out soon. Shame on you for posting such nasty words about a very awesome establishment.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Donna196
Ontario
“Wonderful staff”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Small brunch but delicious healthy food, no junk! We all liked the smoothies bar the chef came to visit and the manager was also in the dining area

• Visited April 2013